IS IT JUST ME!

Guest Monkeyuk

Guest Monkeyuk

so i have an nc700s but iv been plagued with problems. just a small list lol

1) had to weight 6 hours for a chain change(RK) after i asked how long it would take and he told me to get there at 9am

2) had a moped crash into me and a different dealer fixed the bike but painted the frame the wrong it was a high shine and he told me it was the best he could do.

3) iv had the brake peddle and the the front forks and the headlight surround replace under warranty due to rust and flaking paint.

now iv had an 8000 mile service. told the dealer that i was of to Wales to put at least 1000 miles(500 Motorway Miles) on the bike on my trip so could they please check the hole bike for anything.

After i got back from Wales the brake peddle felt like jelly and the brake did not work , two bolts from the master cylinder came out and the cylinder just moved up and down. luckily i was pulling into my garage not stopping at a crossing or at a round about.

The two bolts cut into the swing arm so Honda are replacing it under warranty although i have a sespition that it was the dealer is at fault as they replaced the brake peddle earlier on in the year. i asked Honda for the dealer to do a safety check before i got the bike back and the tyres brake pads and chain came in at argent attention but on my service it was all put down as very good no mention of tyres which i new about anyway and nothing about my pads.(500 motorway Miles)

this brings me up to date when for the last two weeks the bike has felt wrong somehow a bit ruff, so i checked the oil and it has been over filled by a lot and that was over a 1000 miles ago so i don't want to think how much damage it could have done after i drained some of the oil id has felt a lot better but i had the bike on ideal for 10 min to worm up the bike to check the oil and after i sorted that out the coolant from the rad was leaking from the cap iv checked the level and its half way between the min and max level so they dident even top it up on the service but now iv got to figger out why it boiled over and leaked out as it has a drain pipe coming of to the side and it clear, iv checked????????

so is this the story or did I just get a lemon???????

Sounds to like you've had complete idiots working on your bike! Worse, it seems that your bike has been completely butchered. Time to change where you get it maintained!!

I've only found one main dealer who I trust with my wheels, and even then I'd only use them for warranty issues. Other than that it's a trustworthy local independent local bike mechanic.

Edited by Crusty
Slowboy

Couldn't agree more with Crusty, it sounds like the bike has been serviced by a bunch of incompetent idiots. Time to go elsewhere.

Rocker66

I think Monkeyuk should tell us where he got the work (bodges) done

steelhorseuk

Jees, I thought mine was a lemon .... :frantics:  

(well it has been, but at least I have a fairly decent dealer with a decent Honda mechanic sorting the problems!)

Find yourself another Honda dealer mate and make sure you contact Honda UK, get a case reference and get a compensation package!  

All the best

Mark

• Like 1
Guest NCXrookie

Try not to use a bunch of clowns.  Not being mechanically minded myself it can be difficult.  But I would drop a garage fast if I suspected anything untoward.  I would also be contacting Honda direct.  I had to contact a far eastern car manufacturer, (not Honda), when one of their dealers gave my wife her car back after a service with faulty brakes.  The dealer must have had a one way conversation as the dealer MD was on the phone. And the car collected within the hour.  They do not like bad publicity.  You could also get an independent inspection done by the AA and then advise the dealer you will get the work done and take them to the small claims court to recover and he costs. 

Guest Monkeyuk

My problem is all the faults that I have listed are a mix of three dealers and most recent a very well known one that I got a lot of recommendations for I'm not in ready yet to list them off as all this is going to honda with all of this and see what thay say

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monkeyuk

1) had to weight 6 hours for a chain change(RK) after i asked how long it would take and he told me to get there at 9am

2) had a moped crash into me and a different dealer fixed the bike but painted the frame the wrong it was a high shine and he told me it was the best he could do.

3) iv had the brake peddle and the the front forks and the headlight surround replace under warranty due to rust and flaking paint.

now iv had an 8000 mile service. told the dealer that i was of to Wales to put at least 1000 miles(500 Motorway Miles) on the bike on my trip so could they please check the hole bike for anything.

After i got back from Wales the brake peddle felt like jelly and the brake did not work , two bolts from the master cylinder came out and the cylinder just moved up and down. luckily i was pulling into my garage not stopping at a crossing or at a round about.

The two bolts cut into the swing arm so Honda are replacing it under warranty although i have a sespition that it was the dealer is at fault as they replaced the brake peddle earlier on in the year. i asked Honda for the dealer to do a safety check before i got the bike back and the tyres brake pads and chain came in at argent attention but on my service it was all put down as very good no mention of tyres which i new about anyway and nothing about my pads.(500 motorway Miles)

this brings me up to date when for the last two weeks the bike has felt wrong somehow a bit ruff, so i checked the oil and it has been over filled by a lot and that was over a 1000 miles ago so i don't want to think how much damage it could have done after i drained some of the oil id has felt a lot better but i had the bike on ideal for 10 min to worm up the bike to check the oil and after i sorted that out the coolant from the rad was leaking from the cap iv checked the level and its half way between the min and max level so they dident even top it up on the service but now iv got to figger out why it boiled over and leaked out as it has a drain pipe coming of to the side and it clear, iv checked????????

so i have been talking to honda about all this crap that has been happening to my bike they came back to me with the offer of a years extension on the warranty what do you guys think of that is it enuf ??

so i have been talking to honda about all this crap that has been happening to my bike they came back to me with the offer of a years extension on the warranty what do you guys think of that is it enuf ??

It's worth ~£350, do you feel that's adequate compensation?

steelhorseuk

No, tell them you will accept the extra years warranty tagged onto the end of the existing warranty but you also want a voucher from them to spend on Honda approved parts/ futue servicing.  Once you ask for that don't speak. Let them start negotiating. If you dont get it ask to speak to a senior person and tell them you insist otherwise you will be writing to the motorcycle press with your stories.

if they still wont give you what you are asking (which is very reasonable) take the warranty but get a letter to that effect.  Then sell the bike at the first oppurtunity with the extra warranty included!

All the best with it.

Mark