Front and Rear Brakes

Guest jdearauj

Guest jdearauj

Hi,

Just about to get my bike serviced @ 8,000 miles. My front brakes are looking well worn down. 

When should we be getting front and back brakes changed? Is it normal around the 8,000 mile mark or is it just down to the individual rider?

Just curious as normally I get around 10,000 miles at least before I have replaced discs or pads.

Thanks

I would say a lot of it is down to the individual rider on how he uses the brakes. There will be some discrepancies due to the type of pad material etc. Don't forget also the NC is quite a heavy bike for a single disc which may also make a difference, though I'm sure some peeps with a more technical ability than me will put me right on that ...:)

Edited by wozza
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got to replace mine now at nearly 8k miles. All my miles were commutes into London so no wonder they're worn. Honda ones are not cheap though nearly £90 for both front and rear! That's pads only not labour.

Mike5100

I did note that on their technical site, they (Honda) have said that they specified sintered pads for the front and semi metallic for the rear.  Might be worth bearing this in mind if you are going to buy non-Honda pads.

Mike

Scootabout

I've got to replace mine now at nearly 8k miles. All my miles were commutes into London so no wonder they're worn. Honda ones are not cheap though nearly £90 for both front and rear! That's pads only not labour.

And there was me naively thinking that a single disk would be more economical. They always get you inthe end, don't they?

dandemann8

I always use sintered pads and find they are worth at least 1500 to 2000 miles more than other pads depending on how you use your brakes of course....... :D