DCT foot shift kit

Guest Marcusrm

George - is it easy to fit if you buy it yourself ?

Mike

Mike, I would have thought so but the dealer said 2 hours due to all the stuff needing to be removed first.

I will know for sure when I'm next down when I can talk to the mechanic.

Rocker66

And a second review raved about Kawasaki's 1000SX sports tourer even though it has a range of only 167 miles which the reviewer seemed to be impressed by.  Everybody and his dog has condemned the VFR1200 BECAUSE it's only got a range of about that.

Mike

Not strictly true as I never complained about the range of my VFR 1200 DCT any more than I do most bikes. For me I really like a range of least 250 miles such as on my Pan 1300 but accept that most modern bikes will not do that

I totally agree I have gone from West to East Scotland 196 miles 2 up as fast as you can really go without risking getting a ticket on the VFR12 and I still had just under 3 litres left in the tank, not much but I wanted to get off and stretch my legs :cry:

Mike5100

And a second review raved about Kawasaki's 1000SX sports tourer even though it has a range of only 167 miles which the reviewer seemed to be impressed by.  Everybody and his dog has condemned the VFR1200 BECAUSE it's only got a range of about that.

Mike

Not strictly true as I never complained about the range of my VFR 1200 DCT any more than I do most bikes. For me I really like a range of least 250 miles such as on my Pan 1300 but accept that most modern bikes will not do that

I wasn't meaning other posters Rocker - I meant journalists doing reviews over the past 3 or 4 years who have all seemingly condemned the VFR1200 on the basis of its 'hopeless' range.  I think though it's partly Honda's fault because they trailed the bike for months before its launch as being the motorcycle that was going to change the face of motorcycling.  It got the journalists all excited and so whatever was wheeled out had to be something of an anticlimax in one way or another.

Mike

Mike

I wasn't meaning other posters Rocker - I meant journalists doing reviews over the past 3 or 4 years who have all seemingly condemned the VFR1200 on the basis of its 'hopeless' range.  I think though it's partly Honda's fault because they trailed the bike for months before its launch as being the motorcycle that was going to change the face of motorcycling.  It got the journalists all excited and so whatever was wheeled out had to be something of an anticlimax in one way or another.

Mike

Yes very true Mike, I had mine on order for nearly 6 months before the release date and during that time I did think have I done the right thing because my VFR800 was great. But as soon as I got a shot it was just fantastic and I completed the deal. Just had its second MOT and I have never had a bike needing 2 MOT so it must be a good one plus Honda have not updated it enough to make me think about changing so I'm keeping it.

Back on subject I'm hoping you can change from Neutral to D & S when at a standstill using the shifter :D

Guest Marcusrm

As the originator of this topic, and from all of the replies, I have decided to buy a foot shift kit.

I wonder though if Honda are missing a trick when selling DCT foot shifts. They can be seen, not just as a manual option, but as a sporty option, giving a quick shift (as on racing bikes) to the NC700 and the VFR1200.

Yes I know the NCs are a long way from being racing bikes, but just a thought.

Thanks guys!

Picked up the New bike on Saturday and we are very pleased with it and the new foot shifter. The shifter will only put the bike into and out of D when sitting still otherwise it operates like the buttons on the left handle bar. The shifter does feel a little strange since you don't feel anything happening like a normal gear leaver. I guess because it is only a switch so you feel no clunk. Must say the new 750 software is way way better than our 2012 700S DCT, it does seem to know what you are doing and I have not noticed it changing in the corners, maybe it has a lean sensor or something and the change is sooo.........smooth!!

I think you will like the foot changer Marcus!