ACF-50

dandemann8

dandemann8

When my bike gets delivered on Thursday I intend to give it agood coating of ACF-50 but having never used it before is there any do's and don'ts whilst applying.....  :question:

It comes out of the can quite thick, so instead of spraying directly onto the bike , spray into a container and then use a brush to apply to the bike, that way you can moniter how much goes where, and get into the nooks and crannys. It does "creep" so be careful round brakes and tyres.

• Like 1
bikerbampi

Before use make sure the can is room temerature, the spray comes out misty then.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

ACF50 is the best you can get but its expensive stuff, I think there is cheaper sprays around which can do the job similar to ACF50.

I can only speak from personal experience as I keep my S outside under a cover, use it everyday and have covered 24,000 miles in 18 months of ownership and the bike looks and runs like new. This is what I do to keep the bike pristine.

1. After every ride I hose it down spray some muck off all over then hose it off and give it a quick rub with a cloth this takes 2 minutes.

2. I don't do this everyday but I  spray the bike with DP60 which is cheaper than the fabled WD40 and in my opinion DP60 is far superior and its only £1.40 per can cheaper if you bulk buy.This takes again 2 minutes.

3. Once a week give it a bit of a deeper clean lube the chain and polish it with Mr Sheen or some turtle wax this takes about 30 minutes and 10 cups of tea.

thats it.

• Like 1
dandemann8

ACF50 is the best you can get but its expensive stuff, I think there is cheaper sprays around which can do the job similar to ACF50.

I can only speak from personal experience as I keep my S outside under a cover, use it everyday and have covered 24,000 miles in 18 months of ownership and the bike looks and runs like new. This is what I do to keep the bike pristine.

1. After every ride I hose it down spray some muck off all over then hose it off and give it a quick rub with a cloth this takes 2 minutes.

2. I don't do this everyday but I spray the bike with DP60 which is cheaper than the fabled WD40 and in my opinion DP60 is far superior and its only £1.40 per can cheaper if you bulk buy.This takes again 2 minutes.

3. Once a week give it a bit of a deeper clean lube the chain and polish it with Mr Sheen or some turtle wax this takes about 30 minutes and 10 cups of tea.

thats it.

Liking it alot, I always hosed down my other bike so this will be no different and as I already have some ACF-50 I'll use that but will look into getting some DP60 and give it ago..... :thumbsup:

Edited by dandemann8

I use ACF50 in "quart" size bottle (roughly an American litre :D  ). It's expensive stuff as said, but a £30 bottle will last an awful long time when applied with a brush/rag. Generally cheaper than aerosol. It does work well. I keep the "ACF50" rag in a jam jar and use it to wipe things like fork legs etc.

Just compare the cost to the stuff you pour into the fuel tank and then proceed to burn.

• Like 1
Mike5100

I use ACF50 in "quart" size bottle (roughly an American litre :D  ). It's expensive stuff as said, but a £30 bottle will last an awful long time when applied with a brush/rag. Generally cheaper than aerosol. It does work well. I keep the "ACF50" rag in a jam jar and use it to wipe things like fork legs etc.

Just compare the cost to the stuff you pour into the fuel tank and then proceed to burn.

which reminds me .... petrol is a bit over £5 a gallon - that's £5 for 8 pints or about 60 pence a pint.  I put a load of these 'expensive' pints into my car the other day but needed some windscreen washer fluid which the garage sold in pint cartons (by Shell) - at an astounding £4.20 per pint.  So that's some soapy water being sold for about 7 times the cost of petrol - wow.  Needless to say I topped up with plain water.

.... anyway back on topic - I used to use the rag, but to be honest the panels and paintwork seem better protected by polish, and all the twiddly bits that stick out are better attacked with a damp paintbrush (IMHO)

Mike

• 1 month later...
Guest Mokel

I'm terribly lazy, and fancy a 150 mile round trip in the sunshine tomorrow morning, so I'm off to see Clive of allyearbiker, who'll smarten up and apply the acf50 to my bike.

Can't wait to get out of bed.

dandemann8

I'm terribly lazy, and fancy a 150 mile round trip in the sunshine tomorrow morning, so I'm off to see Clive of allyearbiker, who'll smarten up and apply the acf50 to my bike.

Pictures please....  :question:  :question:

Rev Ken

Pictures please....  :question:  :question:

I don't want to see his bed!

• Like 1