6 months service?

Guest Stavig

Guest Stavig

Hey all. I got a text today from the dealer in letchworth that my bike is ready to for servicing.

The thing is I bought the bike in August so it's not even a year old and I have done the first service (oil change). And they did tell me next service is at 8000 miles which is 5000 miles away.

Anyone any ideas?

I'd leave it until closer to when your annual service is actually required. Though I suppose you could give them a ring and ask the reason for the text.

I have a idea, they are short of money,having my 600 miles done this Wednesday at Honda Newton Abbott and cost is £119.08 total..Ride Safe..

Mike5100

If you bought it in August was it a pre registered machine that the dealer had registered.  If so, the computer may be chucking out an automatic 12 month reminder.

Mike

dandemann8

I have a idea, they are short of money,having my 600 miles done this Wednesday at Honda Newton Abbott and cost is £119.08 total..Ride Safe..

I'm sure I've read on here somewhere the official Honda price for a first service is £99...... :unsure:

Guest bonekicker

We recently bought a new Toyota Yaris Car-- the first service is 12000 miles-- Honda NC750X 500 miles ?????? I don't understand, please enlighten me!!!!! :mad: 

Yes I had a quote of £99 ,I ask does that include vat, he said over the phone not sure,I did not want any surprises when got bill ,so I went for the £119.08 total....

Guest Stavig

We recently bought a new Toyota Yaris Car-- the first service is 12000 miles-- Honda NC750X 500 miles ?????? I don't understand, please enlighten me!!!!! :mad:

12k divided by 4 wheels equals 3000 miles per wheel. Now if you multiply this by the horsepower and then raise it to the square minus the original value which is set by Toyota gives you the number you need. Now honda being based a bit southern in Japan uses a slightly different type of maths due to climate and being closer to the volcano. But the logic remains the same

12k divided by 4 wheels equals 3000 miles per wheel. Now if you multiply this by the horsepower and then raise it to the square minus the original value which is set by Toyota gives you the number you need. Now honda being based a bit southern in Japan uses a slightly different type of maths due to climate and being closer to the volcano. But the logic remains the same

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.  :whistle: