First Service (600 miles) Cost (UK)

Guest Southerner

Guest Southerner

This topic may have been covered previously but, hey, let's update it with a new thread.

What have you paid recently/have been quoted for the 600 mile service on the 750 (manual) range (presuming X/S will be the same)?

I was quoted £125 by Doble's for my X, from which I can deduct £10 by way of a service voucher that I was given on delivery last Saturday.

So, £115 here - what have you/will you be paying?

Edited by Southerner

£109 at Lancaster Honda for when my first service is due.

Had my 750S manual serviced today at Blackpool Honda and the cost was £89.99. The extra cost Wozza will be for the DCT oil filter.

They also replaced my faulty rear break disk and pads under the warranty. 

• Like 1

That's very good indeed Mark.  The S Dct is certainly different from my old X. 

dandemann8

Well just contacted my two nearest dealers to request the first service price and to my surprise they've BOTH come back with the same price of £99.00 all in  :D  :thumbsup:  So within the next fortnight my new baby will be getting a little TLC.....  :D

Don't you just love all the varying prices......  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

Guest EasyTiger

Is the clutch oil filter changed at the first service? (I can't open the workshop manual on my non-PC computer).

They're not normally changed at the 8,000-mile service. Then at 16,000 miles.

They only cost around £5 for the part, so it's no big deal to fit them on interim services just to see how things are going...

dandemann8

Is the clutch oil filter changed at the first service? (I can't open the workshop manual on my non-PC computer).

They're not normally changed at the 8,000-mile service. Then at 16,000 miles.

They only cost around £5 for the part, so it's no big deal to fit them on interim services just to see how things are going...

I was told just oil and filter along with a good inspection.... ;)

Guest Southerner

Is this another example of the so-called 'north/south divide?

£125 in Surrey and £99 in Stoke-on-Trent?! :D  

Edited by Southerner
dandemann8

Is this another example of the so-called 'north/south divide?

£125 in Surrey and £99 in Stoke-on-Trent?! :D

It sure looks that way, but I'll take it....... ;)

Guest bonekicker

I asked yesterday for a fixed price the service mananger said between £80 and £115 I asked again  a fixed price not a between, he said it depends on how much oil is used? I asked if there was such a big difference in oil capacity between bikes ( do bike engines hold more than 4 litres ?) You're will be about £85, is that including vat ? yes he said, why did we talk about paying more that this, surely the services should be a fixed price from model and not a guess, its not a guess he said if some people will pay more then that's fine?????? I would expect this sort of  pricing at some back street garage but not a main dealers.

glencoeman

A lot of people in Stoke on Trent are only paid the minimum wage, property prices (including business) are lower than in Surrey. That is the main reason why it is cheaper in the north. I only paid £84 last year for my 600 mile service at Chells motorcycles,Stafford. I did buy the bike from them, so that's probably why I got it cheaper than Duncan who bought his bike cheaper from a dealer down south which really negates the north/south divide argument.  Actually, Stoke on Trent is in the midlands - not the north.

£89.99 for a DCT at same dealer same time same day and a pleasant chat with Mark !

quote name="PNE" post="51946" timestamp="1394035376"]

Had my 750S manual serviced today at Blackpool Honda and the cost was £89.99. The extra cost Wozza will be for the DCT oil filter.

They also replaced my faulty rear break disk and pads under the warranty.

• Like 1
edgey999

Free

Negotiated it as part of the purchase :D  :D

• Like 2
Guest scrumpymike

Branson's in Yeovil have quoted £140 for my X DCT - maybe because they're upset that I didn't buy the bike from them!!

dandemann8

One of the dealers I contacted is infact in Cheshire which is one of the richest counties in the country with more millionaires than you care to poke a stick at....!!!

Rocker66

Free

Negotiated it as part of the purchase :D  :D

I can't remember when we last paid for a first service

Guest Southerner

A lot of people in Stoke on Trent are only paid the minimum wage, property prices (including business) are lower than in Surrey. That is the main reason why it is cheaper in the north. I only paid £84 last year for my 600 mile service at Chells motorcycles,Stafford. I did buy the bike from them, so that's probably why I got it cheaper than Duncan who bought his bike cheaper from a dealer down south which really negates the north/south divide argument.  Actually, Stoke on Trent is in the midlands - not the north.

I stand corrected - Midlands, not North.

Traditionally, 'up North' is generally North of Watford... :geek: