replacing the sidelight bulb acces

Guest spikidave

Guest spikidave

Has anyone managed to replace the sidelight bulb on an NCX yet? Mine is just a dim orange and really just useless, so I thought I'd replace it with an led one. The manual says simply remove it from behind the headlight. Easier said than done when you have large hands and sausage fingers. I don't want to start removing bodywork, but it looks like I may have to.

Edited by spikidave

It's mounted in a rubber unit that just pulls out, 10 minuted job if that to swap them over.

Guest spikidave

I know what to do, I was just wondering if anyone has managed to do it as I just can't get my hand into the space sufficient to reach the rubber bulb mount. I guess I need smaller Japanese hands. I'll have look on E-bay for a pair

Okay the answer your were looking for then is 'Yes I've done it and my hands are size Large'.

Guest spikidave

Thanks for your reply, it gave me inspiration to keep going. Was trying from above, below, between the forks, even my 13 year old son with his small hands couldn't get his hand into the recess. I was even considering dropping the forks. Finally I managed to wiggle it out from above with my finger tips. What a palaver, but tis done now.