Clutch Lever Replacement

Guest Pat

So I've already managed to drop my new NC750X and bent the clutch and gear levers.  Any ideas where I can get a cluch lever ?  I've had a look on Wemoto but they only list the part for the 700 and nothing under the 750.  Is this the same part or will I have to go looking elsewhere?

Derek_Mac

I would think it's exactly the same part, it'll only cost you the return postage to find out.. :)

Probably it's at least half the price of the 'genuine' Honda lever, possibly less.

Edited by Derek_Mac
Guest Stephen S

I you're a repeat offender in the SAD (stop and drop) community (like me), then crash bars are cheaper than fixing brake and clutch levers and damaged bar ends.

It just cost me £77 to get bar end replaced. The aluminium casting insert fractured. Crash bars were £140. Sadly, I have paid for both because I was wise after the event, and will now probably not drop it again.

Crash bars will mitigate damage, but perhaps not completely protect, when bike is dropped.

Guest Stephen S

So I've already managed to drop my new NC750X and bent the clutch and gear levers.  Any ideas where I can get a cluch lever ?  I've had a look on Wemoto but they only list the part for the 700 and nothing under the 750.  Is this the same part or will I have to go looking elsewhere?

If not badly bent, you can straighten using a hollow tube placed over the lever and carefully apply pressure.

I can confirm they are the same part because we took our ASV leaver from the 700 and fitted it to the 750 (brake only since it is a DCT)

Guest bonekicker

Yes they are the same levers 700 and 750 I have one I took off if you want it pm me with address or that auction site have the adjustable ones from Hong Kong there again they dont list them for NC750X but the NC700X are the same, I have emailed all the suppliers in Hong Kong but they have or had not a couple of weeks ago changed info on their web sites. :ermm:

Can someone kindly enlighten me?  Why is "that auction site" always referred to as "that auction site" rather than by its true name?

I realise that someone may have asked this before but when one searches "that auction site" one gets a list of posts a heck of a lot longer than one's arm.

Guest dentonlad

Can someone kindly enlighten me?  Why is "that auction site" always referred to as "that auction site" rather than by its true name?

I realise that someone may have asked this before but when one searches "that auction site" one gets a list of posts a heck of a lot longer than one's arm.

It's because the site doesn't carry adverts and any links get deleted by the mods (usually).

Well I bought the part from wemoto and fitted it this evening. Thanks for the offer bone kicker but I only just saw it. Besides it was only £9 posted!