Parking brake pads for dct

Guest jonty03

Guest jonty03

Has anyone replaced these?  Any idea of expected lifespan?

I almost ashamed to admit that I didn't realise that the parking brake had a separate caliper & pads - I thought it used the rear brake... :ermm:

Guest DH1900

As long as it doesn't stick and you don't ride with it on by mistake, there's no reason it shouldn't last the lifespan of the bike simply because it's not being used to actually bring the bike to a halt so wear should be absolutely minimal.

bikerbampi

As long as it doesn't stick and you don't ride with it on by mistake, there's no reason it shouldn't last the lifespan of the bike simply because it's not being used to actually bring the bike to a halt so wear should be absolutely minimal.

You beat me to it.  :thumbsup:

Guest nc700sam

if you ever do need them then visit fleabay. found some by accident a while back.

i must admit though that if you ever need to replace them, you have clearly left the parking brake on at some point.

Steve Blackdog

I hardly ever remember I have the hand brake.  

Guest jonty03

Thanks everyone.

I use my handbrake regularly but nooo I don't ride with it on. I'm not that senseless yet!!  I just realise that I could have easily overlooked the occasional condition check because I wasn't looking for a separate brake.

It makes sense that the pads should have a long life - I find it necessary to adjust the cable now and then but I think that is due to cable stretching and not pad wear.

:D

Dave H

I didn't think I would use the handbrake but I set it every time I park up on the off chance that if some moron tries to move the bike he'll be thwarted.

I tried to ride off with it on once.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nelsonpan

I also want to ask the same questioin, because my fd ride it last week, I forgot to told him there have and hand brake on my bike, after he come back I saw the rear disc was burn and the parking brake was failure, so have have adjust the cable it is work now. and I want to know how to check the parking brake pad?

Derek_Mac

Nelson, the owners manual just says to adjust it if it isn't working.

wozza

I can't really see the parking brake pads requiring replacement ever really.

If you purely use it as intended just to park up and then release before riding off I can't see there being hardly any wear whatsoever.

Edited by wozza
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Just in case, the part number is: 

06436-MCT-016 (PAD SET, PARKING BRAKE - 42,34 €)

and you've to replace four (4) bolts:

90101-MGS-D70 (BOLT, FLANGE (8X28) - 4,75 €)

43215-MCT-006 (PIN, HANGER - 6,18 €)

Total: 64,2 € (VAT excluded)