Lowering links problems

Guest Roebuck

Guest Roebuck

Hi. I bought the Lust Racing lowering links online, after reading about them here. Pretty pricey for what they are but they seem well made. Tried to fit them today and I'm having real problems. However I'm still a total noob at all of this, so was wondering if you know of any how-tos for the 700 or 750? The instructions that came with the links are not very helpful if you don't know what you're doing. 

Also, for those that have done it, are the existing link bolts meant to be insanely hard to loosen? I struggled like mad (I'm of normal strength!) and eventually gave up after doing 2. The metal almost seems corroded together. Should I just take this to a mechanic to do? I've done all the other adjustments myself so far (hand guards, heated grips, 12V outlet, new screen) but this seems way tougher.

Thanks.

Guest bonekicker

Roebuck several of the forum members as posted somewhere info on all this mod, try search at top of page,.

Hope you sort it out,  where are you? Scotland? dont shout at me if it's Wales, only asking?? :ermm:

It would have been good to have an adjustable one fitted as standard.!!! as they only seem to make bikes for a average sort of rider!! :hairy:

Take Care Ride Safe and Enjoy

Michael  

Guest Roebuck

Thanks bonekicker I had looked around via search and there's a post with instructions but they're about as detailed as the ones that come with the links - ie probably perfectly good for someone who knows what they're doing, but not good for someone like me who is new to it all. I guess I'll have to take it in to the shop. Thanks.

Derek_Mac

Maybe you just need more leverage?

I suppose it's possible that they've got Loctite or something similar on them as well.

The torque setting for those bolts is 44N.m (4.5 kgf.m 32 lbf.foot) for re-tightening them.