Handlebar Straightening

Guest Mokel

Guest Mokel

Hello

Advice on how to straighten the handle bars please (they are not bent, just out of alignment).

They are very slightly out of line with the front wheel - if anyone can try and explain which bolt(s) need loosening I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

Guest Southerner

Hello

Advice on how to straighten the handle bars please (they are not bent, just out of alignment).

They are very slightly out of line with the front wheel - if anyone can try and explain which bolt(s) need loosening I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

I've got this with my 750X - my right hand grip is ever so slightly aft of my left hand grip. Had the same issue with my previous Honda.

Anyhow, the fix - take it to your Honda dealer as it's certainly nothing I can explain or could do at home. All to do with messing about with adjustments on the forks so it's not a DIY job in my opinion.

Edited by Southerner
bikerbampi

Still under warranty? get the dealer to do it.  :thumbsup:

Guest Mokel

Thanks for your replies chaps.

I think it just involves loosening 2 Allen bolts, I'll look for some vids.

If it's more complicated than I think, then I'll leave it to the pros.

My usual technique is to lightly slacken all the fork pinch bolts (above and below headlight) and the wheel spindle and its pinch bolt.

Not so loose as to let the forks slide through the yokes!

Sit on the bike and steer it into a corner, so that you trap the wheel between the walls.

Then wiggle the handlebars from side to side a few times, so that things centralise. Reverse the bike out and do up all the loosened bolts!

Jobs a good un! :)

If it makes no difference, you didn't slacken the bolts enough. If your bike falls to bits, you undid them too much! :D