ACF50 Application Advice

Guest sllewji

Guest sllewji

I have followed the advice of several members and got myself one of the quart bottles of ACF50.

I'm planning on giving the bike a thorough clean tomorrow, and then applying the ACF50.

The instructions say it is safe to use anywhere except on the brakes.

Does anyone here using this product have any specific advice on its application to our machines?

Would it be worth disassembling some of the plastics for better access or will its "creeping" ability enable its spread to parts unseen?

bikerbampi

First of all make sure the can is room temperature and give a good shake before use. Spray where you can safely without getting it on brakes or tyres.  Where you can't do so you can spay into the can top and use a brush. :thumbsup:

Guest nigel w

I have followed the advice of several members and got myself one of the quart bottles of ACF50.

I'm planning on giving the bike a thorough clean tomorrow, and then applying the ACF50.

The instructions say it is safe to use anywhere except on the brakes.

Does anyone here using this product have any specific advice on its application to our machines?

Would it be worth disassembling some of the plastics for better access or will its "creeping" ability enable its spread to parts unseen?

If this is a spray can my advice is place it in a pan of hot water for a short time allow the can to get warm, you will then find it will come out as a fine mist. If you have a liquid quart bottle then apply with small paint brush or cloth, do not apply lots at a time as it will creep and drip. I don't like to get it on plastic or rubber and never on brakes, apply now and forget about it until next spring. Its Very good.

Guest sllewji

Cheers gents - I have the quart bottle, which came with an empty spray bottle.

I'll fill the spray bottle, and then place it in a pan of warm water before I start.

Avoid brakes - check.

Avoid rubber - check.

Forget until next spring - what was it I was going to do now?

Guest bonekicker

Ian you've been hanging around with the wrong crowd for too long forgetting what you were going to do !!!!! You were going too  !!!!! You were going !!!! You were!!!

Dont ****** ask me I don't know what You were going too!!!post-2426-0-48527600-1406992499.gif

ste7ios

You only need a small portion of ACF to apply a very thin layer. Spray a little on a cloth and apply it anywhere! If you have the patience to disassemble the bike it will be the best! You only have to spray directly into connectors and switches...

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/newacro/ACF50%20Motorcycles_Hints%20&%20Tips.pdf

Mike5100

AFAIK it's ok on rubber too.

It does wash off all parts that are exposed to wind blast and rain, but it takes a while.  So whenever I wash the bike I then dry it with a masterblaster then spend 5 or 10 minutes going round the bike with an artists paintbrush dipped in acf50.  All bolt heads that aren't stainless steel, and in particular the banjo fittings.  Our bikes have one vulnerable place that I make sure gets a good coating, and that's the underside of the bottom yoke.  Also any brackets that hold cables or pipes as these seem to be mild steel held in place with a mild steel bolt (why?)

Mike

Guest tamashii-hyu

Iv'e just done my bike with this. It bloody drips everywhere if you spray it from the can. Crickey it is so fluid.

I would seriously recommend some polythene on the ground under the bike for a few days with perhaps some newspaper.

H

Guest sllewji

Hmmm . . . Didn't get round to doing this today - had to collect a precious package from Gatwick (the wife came home from visiting her Mother in Spain :D)

So, ACF50 is also a legal high, eh?

May be I'll wait until next weekend and have an ACF50 partay :D

Edited by sllewji
Guest GADGET

I use a small spray gun, comes out in a very fine mist that gets everywhere. I cover the brakes and then make sure the discs are oil free by cleaning them with brake cleaner.

Some good advice on different ways to use it, another site worth having a nose at is a company who does it for you and offers advice on their best way to apply it, just type into google allyearbiker.

Guest EasyTiger

If you are going to hold an ACF party, and you have some hard standing and access to water, Allyearbiker used to offer a free misting from a pressurised spray for you if a certain number of guests pay to have their bikes done.

I believe the company clean the bike first, shroud all the discs etc., and spray it in a tent/cover. I've heard nothing but good about the company and its franchisees.

Rev Ken

If you are going to hold an ACF party, and you have some hard standing and access to water, Allyearbiker used to offer a free misting from a pressurised spray for you if a certain number of guests pay to have their bikes done.

I believe the company clean the bike first, shroud all the discs etc., and spray it in a tent/cover. I've heard nothing but good about the company and its franchisees.

I've been using them since it was just a one man business and can highly recommend them. I guess having franchised some of the business the standards might vary a little, but I know Roy spends a lot of his time checking standards don't fall.

Unfortunately they don't operate down here in Devon I would definitely use them at least before the winter arrives, its good to hear positive reports as well.  

I would keep it off the forks too...it seems to dry to form a protective film,but i think that interferes with the oil seal.