Map Sensor Part Number

Guest rdhassett

Guest rdhassett

Hi all,

Newbie here looking for a bit of help....Long story short, I put diesel in my 2013 NC700X and it broke the engine big time. I've subsequently sourced a replacement engine and had it fitted.

The diagnostics are showing that it needs the map sensor replaced.

Can anyone help me out with the part number? I presume the sensor is used in the NC700 and Integra but is it used in any other bikes?

The Garage has told me it will be at least six weeks until they can get a map sensor but I wondered if I could source one from elsewhere...looked on fleabay but no luck so far.

:(

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Hello Richard. Ouch! That was an expensive mistake :(

I can't help with the part number, but can make a couple of general comments. Firstly, I can't see how mis fuelling could actually affect the map sensor and if diagnostics is showing a sensor problem it's more likely to be an electrical connection than a component fault. In my experience anyway.

Secondly, sensors are now very reliable so any breaker who has stripped, say, a crash damaged NC will likely still have one. Did you try the place who supplied your 'new' engine? They may still have the original one from that bike.

Good luck!

Guest Todd L.

Oxygen sensor is 36532-MGS-D31. Parts are very easy to lookup by going to almost any online Honda parts seller and going through the parts fische. Funny you said diesel destroyed your engine, because CagerOnTwoWheels from Youtube did just that and he was able to run the bike with diesel and it didn't destroy his engine apparantly. 

Rocker66

Hello Richard. Ouch! That was an expensive mistake :(

I can't help with the part number, but can make a couple of general comments. Firstly, I can't see how mis fuelling could actually affect the map sensor and if diagnostics is showing a sensor problem it's more likely to be an electrical connection than a component fault. In my experience anyway.

Secondly, sensors are now very reliable so any breaker who has stripped, say, a crash damaged NC will likely still have one. Did you try the place who supplied your 'new' engine? They may still have the original one from that bike.

Good luck!

I may well be wrong but I read it that it was the replacement engine that needs the map sensor replacing

Derek_Mac

if it's the Oxygen sensor, Lings Honda can ship one in three days.

You're going to cry about the price though, £282.50 !!!!

Edit: There's a firm on Fleabay called 'Spares Unlimited' who have a exhaust lamda sensor listed for a 'buy it now' price of £20 + £4.50 delivery.

Edit 2 : From what I've read air leaks in the manifold can give a MAP sensor failure diagnostic message, Google is your friend.

Edited by Derek_Mac
Guest bonekicker

As Derek said ask mechanic to check for air leaks first that may be causing problem !!!  I've just asked Audi master tech across the road he agrees check for leaks first .

Guest rdhassett

Thanks Guys. No map sensors on that auction site..yet. I've been quoted £339 for the map plus fitting - I'll prompt the garage to try the air leak thing first. I'm not entirely convinced it is the map sensor because it was replaced under warranty when another garage were working on the original engine post diesel catastrophy..

Derek_Mac

I've done a bit of digging, it appears that the MAP sensor and the throttle position sensor are in the same unit (according to the service manual) so the part number is :  16060-MFR-671  .

Lings Honda can ship one in 3 days, if that's what you need.