Front tyre check

Guest chicken george
Go to solution Solved by Guest billc700s,

Guest chicken george

I feel kind of dumb asking this question. How do people check their front tyres? I have just fitted a centre stand which has made checking the read tyre a breeze. However, I'm not sure about raising the front wheel off the floor. I didn't want to jack the front up whilst it's on the centre stand in-case it collapses. Or am I being over cautious?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Or get a length of rope and tie the rear end down to something (lamp post, railing, other bike etc). I'm going to use my other bike as the static object when I try this.

Rocker66

yes, while on center stand, tilt it back or even better sit on the bike and look at front tyre. 

That would be OK if your an 8 foot tall contortionist 

• Solution
Guest billc700s

Simple put the bike on the stand and get your other half to sit on the rear seat to lift the front off the ground or to push down on the back of the bike to lift the front so you can rotate the wheel to check the tyre. Or put bike on center stand, kneel next to the bike and lift the wheel then support the front suspension on the knee/thigh and turn the wheel to check the tyre then do the same for the other side. Obviously good leathers will protect your thigh/knee better than chinos but it is only for a couple of minutes.

• Like 1
Rocker66

I don't have a pillion as my wife is a motorcyclist in her own right. I think that you mean get another person to sit on the pillion seat