anyway to adjust the clutch lever?

Guest robson

I found it a little bit hard to squeeze, power clutch lever would be nice :)

I ride often offroad when I use clutch frequently and sometimes my left hand sores.

Any way to easy this lever out?

Rocker66

Borrow an old Ducati for a couple of weeks that will build your clutch hand up :)

Guest bonekicker

Change your bike to a DCT version, otherwise not much can be done about it, keeping the cable well oiled doe's help a little, you can get adjustable levers, get the longer ones though and make sure adjustment is correct.

You will get used to it and 3 Shredded Wheat may help as well !!! :D  As R66 says try a older bike for a while and you will see how much easier it is. :ermm:

Change your bike to a DCT version, otherwise not much can be done about it, keeping the cable well oiled doe's help a little, you can get adjustable levers, get the longer ones though and make sure adjustment is correct.

not an option, ever :)

I guess more hand jobs will straighten my hand though eventually. :)

I ride often offroad when I use clutch frequently and sometimes my left hand sores.

what's a clutch lever ? hahahahahahahahah ! bazza of dct fame!

what's a clutch lever ? hahahahahahahahah ! bazza of dct fame!

this is this, clever lever :)

leverComparison.jpg

maybe  this one would do the trick?

Edited by robson

My KTM has a clutch lever - there was a lot of bother about changing the slave unit as the push rod end had a design fault.Anyway its all history now - DCT has moved it all on! Why bother?-I can select manual if I really want to relive the past!

Ex old fogie!

My KTM has a clutch lever - there was a lot of bother about changing the slave unit as the push rod end had a design fault.Anyway its all history now - DCT has moved it all on! Why bother?-I can select manual if I really want to relive the past!

Ex old fogie!

yes, but I ride a lot offroad and DCT is of no use unfortunately, even in manual mode.

Mike5100

Robert - you are welcome to my adjustable anodised black one - had to buy a pair and with having the dct the clutch lever is unused of course.  Just send me a stamped addressed jiffy bag if you want it.

Mike

• Like 1
Guest Peterpoddy

Stop using the clutch so much!

Once you're up in second clutch less changes are faster and smoother. Motorbike 'boxes are designed to work without the clutch.

That said, I reckon the NC has a very light clutch indeed. I only ever use two fingers..... 

Stop using the clutch so much!

Once you're up in second clutch less changes are faster and smoother. Motorbike 'boxes are designed to work without the clutch.

That said, I reckon the NC has a very light clutch indeed. I only ever use two fingers..... 

offroad technique requires a lot of clutch use on a bike.

p.s.

show me your finger please.

Mike5100

There's a warning on the Versys website from someone who is part of a school that uses several NCs.  He says they have had several 750 clutches fail.  No DCT problems and no failed clutches on their 700 machines

Mike

There's a warning on the Versys website from someone who is part of a school that uses several NCs.  He says they have had several 750 clutches fail.  No DCT problems and no failed clutches on their 700 machines

Mike

if something gonna fail on nc750x it will be rather dct as way more complicated.