anybody uses mc motorparts footpegs?

Guest robson

Slowboy

like this?mcmotoparts-360-degree-adj-footpegs-25mm

like this?  wonder if they're strong and safe to use?

I've been using mine for over a year, they made the bike much more comfortable for me, 6'2" and 34" inside leg. No issues at all, although there are slightly more vibes as there are no footrest rubbers. Not a problem with a super smooth 700

They look the same design as the ones we use on our race bikes. Very light, very 'grippy' but not designed for standing on! They can bend at the point where the locating bolt stops (just before the narrow part). Be warned.

Edited by Tex

They look the same design as the ones we use on our race bikes. Very light, very 'grippy' but not designed for standing on! They can bend at the point where the locating bolt stops (just before the narrow part). Be warned.

really?? shoot, that's bad  :(      I need to stand on footpegs, then I'm still looking. 

Guest onedartmart

I bought some similar pegs from M@P in Swansea-been using them for 18 months now and no problems. Think mine have dropped the height by 30mm. There is very little rubber on my pegs, but I overcame that by fitting a pair of Honda C90 rubber foot pegs over them. (Needed a little "help from my rubber hammer" but it fixed the issue with vibration).

I dont "trail" my bike so dont stand on the pegs that often but havent noticed any issue with the strength of the new pegs. I suppose it will come down to the quality of the machine cast. Race pegs, by there very nature will be lighter and made for speed and not for off roading ? I bought mine specifically to ride for longer as I'm 6'4.

I find it makes for a much comfier ride and allows me to travel further before needing a break to "stretch" my legs. lol

Guest bonekicker

I had similar ones from China, and yes they do bend !!!!! have a good look around there are plenty to choose from, I've just gone back to originals the rubber goes less slippery after a while. :D

I had similar ones from China, and yes they do bend !!!!! have a good look around there are plenty to choose from, I've just gone back to originals the rubber goes less slippery after a while. :D

how about stripping the rubber out from originals?

Derek_Mac

Robert, it might be worth trying to find out if the footpegs from one of the Honda CRF models would fit.

Guest bonekicker

I took my rubber parts off and filled the recess with car body filler, sanded down and painted, then I have some self adehive non slip tap its made for putting on the edge of marble stairs to stop you slipping, it works, but do'es not stop the vibrations in you feet, so after a while I cleaned all the filler out and put the rubbers back, I think now I have got used to them. It's what will all do buy this and that try it Llike it, Dont like it, Change it back again.  :frantics: