anybody ran out of fuel already?

Guest robson

Paul i scroll the display and it tells you how many litres you've used , 186 ml for 12.5lt today gives me 1.5ltr (25 ml) spare and I run it at 70/90 into town ,20 miles .

I know this ain't really helpful but just giving you some reference

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shiggsy

• bazza

• Rocker66

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The red blinking bar / 0.0 is the warning! Just find the nearest gas station. You've ~2.9 liters / 0.77 US gal / 0.64 Imp gal remaining to do this...   Also have in mind that running so low it may b

Surely once you see the flashing light it would be a good idea to slow down a bit to try to conserve the remaining fuel

Ive ran out of fuel last week did 193 miles and squeezed in 13.5 litres but what happened to the 0.6 litre that should of  been left in tank Mind you this was after doing a 85-90 mph cruise on motorw

I always fill the tank when my trip meter reads 160 miles. I zero it at every fill up and I can usually get just under 9 litres in there. I'm getting a consistent 80 MPG (17.7 miles per litre). Not sure how much reserve I have left in the tank. I've used reserve a couple of times and don't like to make a habit of it.

Derek_Mac

What happens on a dct if the kill switch is pushed?

That's a good question, because in theory it can't go into neutral unless rear wheel has stopped rotating.

Mind you, that's with the engine running.

I'll try an experiment tomorrow. :fear:

Yes, I don't read instructions, I also don't carry spare fuel.

I just assumed that the flashing single bar would go out before the fuel runs dry

I don't understad why we done have a 'range' that counts down to '0', instead, it counts fuel used since reserve ? Anyway, I'd stopped the bike with 0.7gal on reserve, after this it would not start. The petrol station was a long wet walk away ! I'm such an idiot ! I've had years of practice

My mileage was generally around town, it managed only 185 miles

we talked about it already and I agree, this indicator is completely ridiculous...

engineer who designed it was most likely stoned...

What happens on a dct if the kill switch is pushed?

The engine stops, it stays in gear and slows down. If you restart before coming to a standstill then it continues as normal. If you coast to a stop then the bike will still be in the same gear as when you killed the engine and you might struggle to get back to neutral, especially if battery is low,

Scootabout

I always fill the tank when my trip meter reads 160 miles. I zero it at every fill up and I can usually get just under 9 litres in there. I'm getting a consistent 80 MPG (17.7 miles per litre). Not sure how much reserve I have left in the tank. I've used reserve a couple of times and don't like to make a habit of it.

You're not using anything like the available tank range there, David. If you're happy with that, fine. But at your quoted mileage you should comfortably be able to do another 40 miles or so before filling up. (However, I accept no liability if you run dry ;-) )

I've heard that some fuel injected bikes have to have the pump primed if you run out of fuel, which can be a right pain. Any issues with these when they've run dry?

Tibs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 650ginge

I have run out of fuel on my 750x DCT.  The gauge got to 3.2l and then it just started to slow down like you came off the throttle, sorry to disappoint but it wasn't that exciting or dangerous.

It only took 13.8ltrs to fill though.   

I have run out of fuel on my 750x DCT.  The gauge got to 3.2l and then it just started to slow down like you came off the throttle, sorry to disappoint but it wasn't that exciting or dangerous.

It only took 13.8ltrs to fill though.   

so no sparks and roaring sound?   :(

Fwiw got 13.1 lt in mine, seems to have two bar then none and flashing light then back to two bar then zeros ?.at first was concerned and filled up at the earliest chance, now I know it's got another 40 mile when it's flashing ,180/200distance seems safe.obviously it depends on how you've been riding

Get about 65/70 mpg with my type of riding , fast commute in , 30ml then 20 in town and loads of stop start stuff . On average about 140/180 a day

• 4 weeks later...
dazznutts

Ive ran out of fuel last week did 193 miles and squeezed in 13.5 litres but what happened to the 0.6 litre that should of  been left in tank

Mind you this was after doing a 85-90 mph cruise on motorway for 80 mile return trip

Edited by dazznutts
  • Like 1
TheEnglishman

I doubt if there will be an audible signal or message

Sure there is.  It goes really quiet and slow ...

• Like 1
TheEnglishman

I guess you can flip over...

:ermm:

You really need to think before you type.  Or put smileys in your posts...

• Like 1
Scootabout

Ive ran out of fuel last week did 193 miles and squeezed in 13.5 litres but what happened to the 0.6 litre that should of  been left in tank

Mind you this was after doing a 85-90 mph cruise on motorway for 80 mile return trip

As I've said before, I don't believe that the tank holds 14.1 litres, at least if you obey what the manual says and don't fill past the metal collar. I work on about 13 litres, which might be a bit conservative, but better safe thatn sorry, and all that.