INDICATOR STICKING

Guest ERIC

has anybody had problem with indicator switch - on my NC700XAC the indicator switch has started jamming in middle when trying to indicate left.  it will switch to right but not left -then after fiddling about it works again ,but this is obviously bad when on the move if you suddenly can't indicate to turn left. bike has only done 3400 miles 2013 reg.

Mine sometimes sticks (or jams) when trying to indicate right. Very 'un' Honda like!

seemed to right itself but sprayed silicone through slot anyway -

seems absolutely normal now (fingers crossed)

does seem unlike Honda  - never had any trouble with switchgear on all the other bikes I have had .

Usually spray WD40 into switch housings.

• 2 weeks later...

Indicator (turn signal) switch jammed again when I was trying to indicate left.

push to right (when it is safe) will eventually free - then seems perfectly ok.

until the next time!

Guest dentonlad

Indicator (turn signal) switch jammed again when I was trying to indicate left.

push to right (when it is safe) will eventually free - then seems perfectly ok.

until the next time!

Get it back to the dealer, show them what's happening (sods law being that it won't go wrong when you're there) and get them to sort it under warranty if necessary.

Guest Peterpoddy

There may be some crap stuck in the housing. If you're confident enough, take it apart and clean it.

Yep, they're not hard to take apart if you're mechanically minded. Clean the contacts with emery cloth and add a little grease to keep it all smooth and bobs yer uncle.

Rear brake light switches can go this way too.

Guest Peterpoddy

Usually spray WD40 into switch housings.

Not a particularly good idea. Sure it'll help in the short term but WD40 is more of a solvent thana lubriacant and it'll flush any real lube out. Not something I'd do, personally.

Guest robson

happened to me as well in left possition, and I figured out it's the way I press that switch with my thumb.

The switch is OK, just need to press more from right to left without pressing towards the steering bar.