front paddock stand

Guest Jackiem

Guest Jackiem

Hi has anyone bought a paddock stand to help with the removal of the front wheel on a NCS 700. I bought a stand that was advertised as being suitable for the bike and find that the hole in the headstock where it is supposed to locate is blocked by the brake line couplings. Borrowed a mates where it sits on the bottom of the fork legs but this proved very unstable. 

I then took it to a shop to have the wheel removed as I was getting frustrated, went to pick the bike back up and they had had problems as well, the one they used proved unstable and my bike actually fell off the stand and bent the bars, which the shop promptly replaced.

Can anyone please advise ?

Cheers 

Jackie

Never used a front paddock stand on any of my bikes (though Ive not had the front off the NC yet I assume itll be the same method), I always use the centre stand and load weight to the rear rack or top box.  This is usually enough to lift the front but if more is required then a plank under the stand will lift it higher.  For peace of mind and added stability I put a jack under the engine (use a piece of wood to spread the load and foam to prevent scratching paint) even though there is hardly any weight on the jack.

Ive had both wheels off (for tyre changes) using this method several times no problem.  Hope this helps.

TT

I have a front paddock stand but not used it on the NC as only use it to remove front forks or on on of my bikes with centre stand. On both my Gixers I have to remove the brake line couplings and fit the correct pin diameter (weirdly both different), not a big deal as usually only one bolt and move it to one size. I often work on a Gixer supported on front & rear paddock stands with both wheels out, I do chock under the frame rails just in case but so far no problems.

Try japanwemoto, i got an OEM stand 4 my S, excellent price.

cheers for the replies, have looked at getting a centre stand but they are proving to be expensive.

They're cheaper than having your bike fall off a jack/stand/whatever!

:)

I work with paddock stands and front stands all day - still don't like them - for a road bike a centre stands wins every time. But I'm just old fashioned I suppose. :D