Changing Brake Pads

NickG

I don't get it. I have changed brake pads before, on cars and bikes and it's simple. There should be a split pin or a C washer that hold the pin in place that holds the brake pads in place.

I have looked and looked at the brakes on my NC700x and I can not for the life of me what is holding the pin in place. The service manual just says to remove it, so it must be fairly simple but how? It doesn't screw out, its doesn't just pull out, what holds it in place?

Can anyone help?

Not sure what you're seeing. Mine has pins with hexagon heads protruding from the caliper. Just unscrew it. Item 15

F_10_1.jpg

Derek_Mac

Here's another view:

frontbrake.png

Edit: The torque value given for the brake pad pin shows that it screws in and out.

Edited by Derek_Mac
  • Like 1

Here's another view:

<Snipped>

Edit: The torque value given for the brake pad pin shows that it screws in and out.

Many thanks both of you. Derek,, yes that's what I was looking at, but my "dur" moment was that I did not notice the torque setting. Torque therefore unscrew. Once I *knew* that it would unscrew, it all got rather easy. 

It was just having the courage that unscrewing it would not break anything...

I've just had a quick check in the road and the bike seems to be stopping. Many thanks again both.

• 1 month later...
TheEnglishman

i'm after some new brake pads . any recomends ?

front , an its the linked brake version ?

OEM Honda ones, if you were happy with them.  

The big courier companies in London use EBC pads, I believe, on their fleets of NC700's.