for colder months reducing the electricity draw

Guest robson

I've just my clock adjusted to daylight saving

and accidentally discovered dashboard back-lid 3 level setting.

I think for winter time it's a good idea to reduce the dashboard back-lid by setting it to lowest level,

turning HISS led off and you can save few miliamps to help your battery :)

especially when you do frequent stops.

If my battery can't take that little flashing light it's gotta be shagged and ready to change surely, adjusted the back light on ct coming home from ferry at 3am , did make it less glaring

Rocker66

If my battery can't take that little flashing light it's gotta be shagged and ready to change surely, adjusted the back light on ct coming home from ferry at 3am , did make it less glaring

I've just my clock adjusted to daylight saving

and accidentally discovered dashboard back-lid 3 level setting.

I think for winter time it's a good idea to reduce the dashboard back-lid by setting it to lowest level,

turning HISS led off and you can save few miliamps to help your battery :)

especially when you do frequent stops.

Quite honestly the savings would make no noticeable difference

Quite honestly the savings would make no noticeable difference

Is that why so many car drivers think it's OK to just use side lights in heavy rain and at twilight?

robson, few mA more or less won't do any difference. Just the front light consumes more than 4.5 amps... 

Rocker66

Is that why so many car drivers think it's OK to just use side lights in heavy rain and at twilight?

You would have to ask them that. As I have never been one I have no insight as to how a drivers mind works

Why the concern Robert? In little less then 60000 miles (in your case) your bike will fall to pieces, much like the stapler, phone and desk in the Skittles ad... For that sort of lifespan, the battery is quite adequate to handle a few miliamps of extra consumption.