what spare parts to get for my nc750x?

Guest robson

fred_jb

Well my pair of levers cost the princely sum of £15.50 with free delivery from China and took less than two weeks to arrive.

I'm impressed with the quality, though feeling slightly guilty about the possible environmental and worker welfare issues involved in getting stuff so cheaply from China.   Still - it doesn't seem to bother the iPhone crowd!  (Maybe because Apple stuff is reassuringly expensive!)

Fred

%24_57.jpg%24_57%20%281%29.jpg

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Fred, do you have a link to the levers you bought for your NC750X DCT?

Colin

• Like 1
bazza

great thing about new bikes is the makers guarantee but that doesn't cover punctures - so take a kit after learning how to use it -you WILL get one otherwise in the dark, in the rain,  miles from a town, in an area without mobile reception!

Torch yes - but my phone has a torch app built in so that saves weight

all the other sensible stuff is fine if you are going touring - the tent brigade take the lot but then I am one of the "hotel" B&B tribe so carry the minimum.Too much stuff = buy a car or my VW transporter where you can sleep in the back if needs be!

bazza

Colin

must be special version to use 2 levers!

bazza

Well my pair of levers cost the princely sum of £15.50 with free delivery from China and took less than two weeks to arrive.

I'm impressed with the quality, though feeling slightly guilty about the possible environmental and worker welfare issues involved in getting stuff so cheaply from China.   Still - it doesn't seem to bother the iPhone crowd!  (Maybe because Apple stuff is reassuringly expensive!)

Fred

%24_57.jpg%24_57%20%281%29.jpg

Fred its nice that you worry about the slave workers in China - so if we don't buy the goods are they better off -or send back to the paddy field after a taste of the "good life" ? Or maybe they can revert to the simple life in Blackpool -and go winkling when the tides out like Boney?

Bazza

fred_jb

Fred its nice that you worry about the slave workers in China - so if we don't buy the goods are they better off -or send back to the paddy field after a taste of the "good life" ? Or maybe they can revert to the simple life in Blackpool -and go winkling when the tides out like Boney?

Bazza

Yes - that's the dilemma.   It will all sort itself out eventually when our living standards stop rising or even decline along with our economies, and living standards rise in other parts of the world like India and China.  On that basis we may as well buy this stuff while it is cheap - that won't last forever.   For example, rising wages in China have meant that many companies that outsourced manufacturing there are now finding it would be better to bring it back here.

Fred

Edited by fred_jb
fred_jb

Colin

Can't find the same seller as I used, but if you search for the following on fleabay:

Short Black Brake Clutch Lever for Honda NC700 S/X 2012

You will find many selling these - the cheapest £14.72 is a user called my_sky007

Fred

Thanks Fred.

Colin

fred_jb

must be special version to use 2 levers!

Ha Ha!

Actually there is method in my madness because these are made in two parts, and the actual lever section is identical on both sides.  They even have the adjustment scale marks on both sides so they can be used either side up.  This means I can just unbolt the lever from the clutch side and carry it as a spare for the brake side.

Fred

• 1 month later...

When you bought your NC750X did you remember to register the purchase with HondaCare Assistance, the complimentary roadside assistance, (including home start), for the two year extendable manufacturer warranty period? Remember to keep your owners card with you when you ride the bike as it shows the full details of the bike and the Honda Assistance freephone number (0800 521 728).

I also joined the member's area: www.Honda.co.uk/cem/start.htm by entering the URN and KEY, printed on the letter that came with the Owners Card, to log in to the website.

I have also found Honda Customer Services excellent in promptly dealing with a small query they quickly sorted out for me.

I also find it useful to carry a small LED torch on the bike, available from Asda and other shops for about £5. I keep my owners handbook and service book inside the special department at the bottom of the not-the-tank, in which the toolkit is also kept clipped to the door to the battery department.

This post has just made me realise I haven't received an owners card or information about Honda Assistance. I picked up my bike on 1st March. Have any recent purchasers received these items yet?

Colin

Got a letter in February saying that the Honda owners card has been replaced by a Honda app.The information on the owners card is no longer required. The App can pinpoint your location and can be downloaded from Google Play or App store. The website is

www.Honda.co.uk/motorcycles

I've downloaded the android version of the App but I don't know if it works as I've not had to use it yet.

HTH.

PS It looks like a new set of bearings for the front and rear wheels are an essential spare part judging by how quickly they wear out.

Edited by djsb

Got a letter in February saying that the Honda owners card has been replaced by a Honda app.

Thanks djsb. I've just downloaded the app. What are people without a smart phone supposed to do though?

Colin

Good question. I've found that the main problem is finding that my android phone has no power at the most inconvenient times. So I bought myself a power traveller PowerMonkey extreme power pack that can be used to charge up the phone. I carry it with me at all times. Still doesn't solve the problem if you dont have a phone number to call. Or maybe the app can display the number it's calling at the same time.

Edited by djsb
trisaki

Fred I've got the same levers and very pleased with them they seem to have a nice feel !when used