Acerbis Handguards

Guest Badger77

Guest Badger77

Hi all

When I bought my NC700X, it came fitted with Acerbis handguards. These are not really my thing so I would like to know if anyone knows how much the original bar end weights actually weigh?.

I would imagine OEM bar end weights would cost loads, so I'm looking for some aftermarket weights so I can remove the handguards. The that auction site weights are mostly aluminium so I doubt they would be successful in performing their vibration suppression function.

The Acerbis have 'built in' weights, which are not removable.

Anyone have any OEM ones that they could weigh for me?

Thanks in advance. 

Guest bonekicker

Badger77 you may find that the person who installed them just pushed them back into the handlebars like I did,when I fitted my Acerbis handguards they do help protect your bike as well as hands when bike goes over.

Guest Badger77

Badger77 you may find that the person who installed them just pushed them back into the handlebars like I did,when I fitted my Acerbis handguards 

I am talking about the bar end weights which sit at the end of the handlebar, not the threaded part which has been completely removed.

Guest bonekicker

Yes they do push in, on my first recent bike a CB500X  the dealer fitted them, when I took them off the end weights where missing-- so when I got my NC750X I fitted the Acerbis Handguards myself --- now it was a while ago--on the forum we were all on about tingling fingers!!! yes ---so a point to remember-- I was fitting heated handgrips at same time--stripped off grips--unscrewed with impact screw driver from end bars.

I think (don't hold me too this) that the end weights had lugs on?? any I got them out and found they would slid into bars so that the Acerbis handguard fitting would go inside as well--- I think-- I put some insulation tape around the weights as well they were slack.

So when I wrote above that someone may have put them back into bars I meant I put them back into bars but the above answer was shorter and made more sense than this( it is part of my New Years Resolution to Be More Sensible/Clear and You Have Made Me Break It) :ermm: So What I Break Them Every Year :devil: