Engine mounting bolts

Guest nigel w

Guest nigel w

Evening all, would any of you knowledgeable chaps know the correct torque settings for the engine mounting bolts, only I have just fitted some engine bars and want to do them to the correct torque.

Thanks in advance.

Guest dentonlad

Evening all, would any of you knowledgeable chaps know the correct torque settings for the engine mounting bolts, only I have just fitted some engine bars and want to do them to the correct torque.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't checked the manual but 54Nm seems to ring a bell. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me!

Guest Neil700

I fitted a pair if Givi bars and for some reason used 60nm and all is well. Seem to think that is what the installation instruction recommended

Guest hirsute1956

Numpty alert

Fitted Givi bars month or so back. Didn't occur to me to think of torque settings, just tightened them up as much as I could. Do I need to get a torque wrench?

Guest Stephen S

Numpty alert

Fitted Givi bars month or so back. Didn't occur to me to think of torque settings, just tightened them up as much as I could. Do I need to get a torque wrench?

Yes. But if your engine hasn't fallen out, you're OK.

There's also a danger of over tightening, which might strip a thread.

Your local backstreet garage will do it in 5 mins if you don't want to invest £50+ in a torque wrench.