Bike lifting for lubrication purposes

Guest anterojpm

trisaki

or trolley jack , only needs to be an inch of the ground ,(  if no main stand or paddock stand ,) make sure you turn the bars full lock to the left as in the video , can also cable tie front brake lever ,

• Like 1

thank you anterojpm.... I can improvise on that technique I reckon if I get stuck somewhere , Beats my leaning it over on the kickstand

Re. the above, I have an Abba stand for my SV650 which is very good, plus a similar item to lift the front by lifting the engine crash bungs. Like this I can get both wheels off the ground together. The shortcoming with the Abba (or other paddock) stand is that you can't remove the swingarm, you need to arrange something else to support the bike.

The advantage of the NC is that you can fit a centre stand directly (the Integra has it as standard) which is always there when needed, is stable, and it allows the swingarm to be removed (not that you do it very often admittedly!). I know some folk don't want to carry the weight of a centre stand around all the time, and that's fine if that's how you feel, but it really is a big help sometimes.

Many ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes.

I have one of these Abba stands. Brilliant. Not available for NC range, sadly, because the swing arm pivot is not exposed.

The shortcoming with the Abba (or other paddock) stand is that you can't remove the swingarm, you need to arrange something else to support the bike.

I don't have an NC yet so am not 100% sure if it's possible on this model, but trying to answer both of the quoted messages above:

Abba sell a swing arm removal kit which can also be used on bikes without the exposed swing arm pivot. Adaptors replace a standard 8mm footrest hanger bolt on each side of the bike allowing the Abba stand to be used

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=swing-arm-removal-kit&pid=21

Abba stands are a great bit of kit.

Colin

Guest Stephen S

I don't have an NC yet so am not 100% sure if it's possible on this model, but trying to answer both of the quoted messages above:

Abba sell a swing arm removal kit which can also be used on bikes without the exposed swing arm pivot. Adaptors replace a standard 8mm footrest hanger bolt on each side of the bike allowing the Abba stand to be used

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=swing-arm-removal-kit&pid=21

Abba stands are a great bit of kit.

Colinry close 

Oh, right, I see!  Very good.  I'd be interested to see whether anyone has tried this.

Looks even more useful than the swing arm pivot method, since it enables access to the swing arm itself and is likely be very close to the centre of gravity.

Oh, right, I see!  Very good.  I'd be interested to see whether anyone has tried this.

I've used them on my GSXR and the bike felt as secure as when using the standard swing arm mounting adaptors.

Assuming there's a suitable M8 bolt on the NC I don't see why not. Perhaps Abba themselves know the answer?

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
Scootabout

or trolley jack , only needs to be an inch of the ground ,(  if no main stand or paddock stand ,) make sure you turn the bars full lock to the left as in the video , can also cable tie front brake lever ,

Yes, I used to use that method, before I saw the light and bought an oiler :)