Rear paddock stand

Guest matt_bex

Guest matt_bex

Hi all

Ive been looking at getting a rear paddock stand for my X and am wondering would I need to buy bobbins or will the standard swing arm cup adapters be ok for the bike.

Should make it a bit easier to lube/clean the chain without having to buy the centre stand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit of a novice!

Cheers

Matt

Argyll

Hi Matt

I reckon that you need one with "cup holders" which will fit nicely under the swing arm - at least, that's what I plan on using. Plenty available on that auction site etc....

Paddock%2520Stand.jpg

Guest matt_bex

Thanks Argyll, that's what I thought. By the looks of it the cups are adjustable based on the width of your bike.

£20 quid rather than £100 is a bit better for the wallet

Watch 'em for scratching your swing arm, wrap some tape on the cups or something.

Argyll

Most of these ones have rubber boots on the cup uprights and another piece of rubber on the base, but they do tend to come off, so better re-glue them.

Guest CBR45

£20 for a paddock stand????! You would trust your £5850 pride and joy to a £20 paddock stand?? I thought I was risking it with a £40 one!

I have my CBR on front and rear stands for winter storage. I will probaby use them on the NCX for wheel cleaning. Mine rear has cups and prongs, you just take them off and turn them over depending on the bike. Its this one http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/rear-stands/motrax-rear-paddock-stand I chose it as the handle slides out the way so takes up less room which is good for over wintering.

Its stable enough for storage where the bike is just left alone, but I wouldn't trust it for lengthy maintenance use where the bike may be moved and knocked.

I am still having the centre stand on the NCX though. You cant carry the paddock stand with you!

Guest ex-member

£20 for a paddock stand????! You would trust your £5850 pride and joy to a £20 paddock stand?? I thought I was risking it with a £40 one!

I have my CBR on front and rear stands for winter storage. I will probaby use them on the NCX for wheel cleaning. Mine rear has cups and prongs, you just take them off and turn them over depending on the bike. Its this one http://www.demon-twe...r-paddock-stand I chose it as the handle slides out the way so takes up less room which is good for over wintering.

Its stable enough for storage where the bike is just left alone, but I wouldn't trust it for lengthy maintenance use where the bike may be moved and knocked.

I am still having the centre stand on the NCX though. You cant carry the paddock stand with you!

1. High price is not a sure-fire indicator of quality. I have bought tons of stuff cheaply and they work. Of course, generally pricier stuff are usually better but not always.

2. Main stand is recommended for the X, because you may need to park it in the forest or uneven ground. Servicing the chains or rear wheel, is also made easier.

Guest gunshot72

Be careful. I put my NC up on a top of the range Oxford paddock stand with the flat type holders as above and it slowly slid backwards. Make sure you have rubber or grip-mat to stop it moving.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest happy

I like this too. I'd buy one off that auction site or something. I am also waiting for my mainstand from the dealer. Seems to be same problem in the forum?