Fitting a GPS - "Tank Removal"

dunx675

Hi

I'd like to fit my GPS harness to my NC750S.  I want to fit the harness under the dummy tank.  Are there any issues with removing the "tank"?  I can see 2 hex socket bolts at the rear of the seat, so I assume that if I start here, the seat will come off, and reveal the "tank" fixings.  Or is it less straightforward than that?

Thanks

Dunx

TheEnglishman

All you need to remove is the left side fairing and the top left bit of plastic whose name escapes me.  I see no need to remove anymore plastic than that - I know I didn't.

There are tons of plastics removal videos on youtube showing the steps involved - the 750 is essentially the same as a 700..  You  will come to hate the plastic clips they use.

The 2 bolts holding the seat on are the tip of your 'plastics from hell' nightmare.

Do you get the impression I hate removing the plastics.  Actually I hate trying to not have any nuts/bolts/plastic clips at the end.

Guest bonekicker

Dunx yes the plastic fasteners are a nightmare the first time you remove any panel-- it's a mixture of screws--clips--Velcro---best read workshop manual and as Neil suggest's youtube video ( always down load and save these for later)

If you are only putting a GPS on handle bars --- you can get a wire through from the frunk to front of bike (speedo) on both side there is a small gap you are always better off taking battery lead off--then with some stiff wire --carefully thread it along hole then attach your wires neatly with insulation tape covering --then pull the stiff wire back very carefully --you may have to do this a couple of times to master it --but it saves taking the side panels off-- it's worth a try first :ermm:

All you need to remove is the left side fairing and the top left bit of plastic whose name escapes me.  I see no need to remove anymore plastic than that - I know I didn't.

There are tons of plastics removal videos on youtube showing the steps involved - the 750 is essentially the same as a 700..  You  will come to hate the plastic clips they use.

The 2 bolts holding the seat on are the tip of your 'plastics from hell' nightmare.

Do you get the impression I hate removing the plastics.  Actually I hate trying to not have any nuts/bolts/plastic clips at the end.

After fitting heated grips to my NC I ended up with four identical screws left over. They must be on the inside of the plastic bits but I am not in a hurry to take everything off just to find where they belong. All bits are sold and have not fallen off yet. At the next service I will investigate where this screws belong. Maybe somebody had the same experience? It may just comes natural to miss this screws when you assemble the first time.

---best read workshop manual 

Thanks - but where can I find a (the?) Workshop Manual.  I've found nothing on the net.

Dunx