Lower Gearing

Guest mrgrumpy2

Guest mrgrumpy2

It appears that the DCT has higher gearing by the way of a different rear sprocket.

Manual 43 teeth and 114 link chain

DCT     39 teeth and 112 link chain

has anyone done / thought of putting the 43 tooth rear sprocket on a DCT?

a sub 5 second 0-60 and around 70mpg would be my guess

Derek_Mac

It appears that the DCT has higher gearing by the way of a different rear sprocket.

The gear ratios only differ for the first three gears - the final drive ratios for gears 4, 5 and 6 are the same in both the DCT and the manual versions.

Also, quite a few folk already get 70mpg from their DCT. :)

The gear ratios only differ for the first three gears - the final drive ratios for gears 4, 5 and 6 are the same in both the DCT and the manual versions.

Also, quite a few folk already get 70mpg from their DCT. :)

True, but if you swopped the sprockets you would still gear the DCT down and the manual up.

FWIW, the gearing on my Integra seems spot on. Maybe those Honda engineers know their stuff after all? :D

Edited by Tex
  • Like 1

True, but if you swopped the sprockets you would still gear the DCT down and the manual up.

FWIW, the gearing on my Integra seems spot on. Maybe those Honda engineers know their stuff after all? :D

What Tex said, my bike seems spot on, I just use S mode and it does everything I need of it, as other peope have said D is for dull :ahappy:

Guest bonekicker

Richard the miles per gallon soar if you leave your bike in the garage rather than riding it!!! :ike:

If you want high miles per gallon then you will unfortunately have to ride differently -- but it will not be quite as enjoyable riding for you. :frantics:

Don't keep checking--- just Enjoy Yourself :D

Guest phantom309

i'm always getting 80's for my fuel consumpsion,on my 700DCT, an i'm not taking it easy ...best being 92 mpg on a camping trip last year all loaded up with gear...so not sure what you are doing to get such low mpg's

Ι'm not sure what are you expecting to gain, but I'm sure that the DCT will be in trouble, because its operation is tightly depended with specific tyre size, and gear ratios...

If you need better economy you've to adjust your riding style (everything must be SMOOTH, acceleration, braking, and keep the revs down...) i.e. not fun at all...

Of course it's your bike. Do whatever you want...

Just ride!

Guest bikeknut

Can't find the precise gearing information I have seen previously, but as far as I know the DCT and manual have the same rear sprockets.  Information I have from a previous thread from when the 750 was launched is "The overall gearing is now 6% taller, giving increased top speed and more relaxed highway cruising; another effect of the taller gearing is to broaden the usable rpm range relative to road speed For those choosing the DCT option - 34% in the first nine months of 2013 - the gearing is 6% taller across 1st to 5th gears, and 3% taller in 6th." So actually the manual has taller overall gearing in 6th gear.

Richard the miles per gallon soar if you leave your bike in the garage rather than riding it!!! :ike:

If you want high miles per gallon then you will unfortunately have to ride differently -- but it will not be quite as enjoyable riding for you. :frantics:

Don't keep checking--- just Enjoy Yourself :D

Sorry Bonekicker, My bike is only garaged overnight, driven everyday, just seems everybody keeps on about their mileage, and I love to ride it (fast)!

Guest bonekicker

Richard I can't give anyone tip's about not dropping their bikes--- But I will give you the Best one I have learnt-- and that is Never presume---

I know this Road like the back of my hand---it's always clear around this next bend !!!! :question:

The driver as seen me and is waiting for me before he pull's out !!! :whistle:

That sort of thing--we all do it or did it at some time or other---

Ride Fast and Safe when the time is Right-- Ride Slow when the time is Right and Enjoy Yourself  :thumbsup: