Clutch Spring?

ncmf

This morning, my NC700s was fine at first, but within a few minutes the clutch lever would not spring back out.  It was then OK and then went wrong again before correcting itself.  This was in the space of an hours ride.

When it lost the pressure to return to the engaged position there was absolutely no pressure at all, so it doesn't look like the springs have gone, otherwise how could it have started working again?  It was almost like there was something caught somewhere.

Any ideas?

trisaki

At the engine end is it properly in the clutch arm! When I changed levers recently the cable popped out of the engine end without me touching it

sandalfarm

Rusty or crudded up cable? And at the handle bar end if you make sure that the cutout on the adjuster faces down it stops water creeping down the cable

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had a chance to have a better look and it looked like there was some brown rust near the exit at the cable on the lower end.

Although the pattern of when it happened possibly doesn't seem to support this.  I guess it wont hurt to squirt some WD40 down it?

I rode for an hour on the way home and it was fine again.