Bike dealers. I despair!

Guest RobF

cheapest is not always the best. I look for good service at reasonable prices. this is the reason I suggest that each dealer should be judged on their own merits and not all lumped together

That's exactly what I'm looking for! At the end of the day it's an oil change and a few minutes checking the headstock bearings for play and any other obvious issues while the oil is draining - An hour at most, some quality oil and a filter. It should be around £85 + Vat.

The frustration came from the attitude of the dealers I've approached and the apparent lack of knowledge displayed. Couple this with the disappointing quality of some of the Honda's components and then being told "What do you expect? its a cheap bike!"  isn't adding up to a great ownership experience which is a shame as the NC is a very competent bike that is let down by a few of it's components - the poor rear shock I can almost live with there is no excuse for the forks - I'm not expecting upside down forks or anything fancy I just want forks to work properly. Whoever designed the damper mechanism should be forced to ride a rutted road for eternity with them.

Well,I have just had the oil and filter changed today along with a health check I.e. Chain cleaned and lubed and adjusted ,greased e.t.c. At 11 months old and 12000 miles cost £110 which I thought was ok and in this case Torbay motorcycles have in my opinion the best mechanic in the uk,not that I know that many but he really is a perfectionist and goes the extra mile,and is light years better than anyone local.

• Like 1