Option B connector location for 750

Juggler

Juggler

There are two connectors for accessories according to 750 wiring.

6 pin option A and 2 pin option B.

Where is option b connector?

fred_jb

Good question - I'd like to know this too.  Looks like it provides switched power and earth.

Also, did anyone else notice that according to the wiring diagram the six pin connector only has 5 connections.  It looks like the brake signal is missing compared to the 700 wiring diagram.

I'm working myself up to taking the covers off and having a look at this, but probably not this weekend as I have a Sony Action Cam arriving and will be trying to mount it to the bike and have a play with it!

Fred

bazza

Good question - I'd like to know this too.  Looks like it provides switched power and earth.

Also, did anyone else notice that according to the wiring diagram the six pin connector only has 5 connections.  It looks like the brake signal is missing compared to the 700 wiring diagram.

I'm working myself up to taking the covers off and having a look at this, but probably not this weekend as I have a Sony Action Cam arriving and will be trying to mount it to the bike and have a play with it!

Fred

so you can sit on the bike (in the garage) and PRETEND to ride? Is it a camera or a game thing? Virtual riding reality eh? I did that when 5, going brmm brmmm

Juggler

Looks like it provides switched power and earth.

Yes, that's why I'm looking for it. Also it has relay and 7.5 amps of power, which is enough for heated gips, videorecorder, usb adapter etc...

And 750 missing brake wire in 6 pin connector. This has been reported by some users.

Does anybody have service manual for 750 or good quality pics with panels removed?

Edited by Juggler
MikeBike

It says on the diagram for Option B "Except TH Type" and various other bits say "TH type only" - any idea what the TH type is?

Edited by MikeBike
Tigertail

Parts catalogue identifies "TH" as Thailand.  I would not be surprised if there was an error in translation and the 2 pin option was only present on Thai bikes rather than "except for TH"  bikes.  I have searched the wiring routing diagrams in section 1 of the workshop manual and cannot find any reference to the 2 pin option.

fred_jb

so you can sit on the bike (in the garage) and PRETEND to ride? Is it a camera or a game thing? Virtual riding reality eh? I did that when 5, going brmm brmmm

I do that already - don't need a camera!  I did go out for real yesterday though, lest I get a reputation as the guy who spends all his time modding the bike and never riding it!

Seriously, a bit off-topic for this thread, but I fancy having a go at moto-vlogging and recording some of the best bits of my trips to put on YouTube.  So rather than get a dashcam type cam I've gone for the Sony.  Need to sell one of my camera lenses to pay for it to comply with strict technology fund deficit limits (a.k.a. the wife).

Fred

Edited by fred_jb
MikeBike

Parts catalogue identifies "TH" as Thailand.  I would not be surprised if there was an error in translation and the 2 pin option was only present on Thai bikes rather than "except for TH"  bikes.  I have searched the wiring routing diagrams in section 1 of the workshop manual and cannot find any reference to the 2 pin option.

Were you looking in the workshop manual for the 750, not 700?

There's a 750 workshop manual available?

Colin

MikeBike

There's a 750 workshop manual available?

Colin

Presumably, but don't know where... The reason I asked was that the Option B appears to be a 750 addition, so looking for it in a 700 manual would be fruitless.

I had a look at the parts diagram for the wiring loom for 700X and 750X, and the only additional connector i could spot was at the tail where there were 2 on the 750 but only 1 on the 700, but can't imagine an accessors socket being there, so no further.

fred_jb

Presumably, but don't know where... The reason I asked was that the Option B appears to be a 750 addition, so looking for it in a 700 manual would be fruitless.

I had a look at the parts diagram for the wiring loom for 700X and 750X, and the only additional connector i could spot was at the tail where there were 2 on the 750 but only 1 on the 700, but can't imagine an accessors socket being there, so no further.

It could be at the tail I suppose.   I have a top box with electronic locking and integral alarm which needs a power supply, though it needs un-switched power to keep the alarm battery topped up.  I wonder if there is a central locking option on the Honda top box which might need this?  Wherever it is, I expect it will only be provided for an official Honda accessory, so maybe looking at the accessories list will provide a clue.

Fred

Fred

Tigertail

Were you looking in the workshop manual for the 750, not 700?

Only got 700 w/shop manual, don't think a 750 is available. You are partially correct that looking in the 700 manual will be fruitless, however some 750's use the same loom according to the 750 parts list.  Depends on whether your 750 frame number starts JH2RC27C or JH2RC27D  The frame numbers with a D have a different part number listed for the loom so there certainly is a difference between the two.

parts%20list2.jpg

parts%20list1.jpg

MikeBike

INteresting. Mine's an ED based on the VIN No. I wonder if anyone has the 3ED.

If you compare the above Wire harness illustration for the 700 you'll notice the 700 only has one socket at the tail. That'd the only difference I noticed, but a second pair of eyes having a look would be good.

Juggler

Reporting - no option b connector on 750. Probably only thai version has it.