Front brake lever issue

Guest nibbler
Go to solution Solved by trisaki,

Guest nibbler

I had a set of acrebis hand guards fitted the other week by my dealer but I have now noticed that the lever doesn't pull all the way back as the throttle cable angle have been adjusted to to keep them just below the level of the hand guard. Is there an easy way to adjust either the angle of the cables by angling them upwards or lowering the angle of the brake lever ?

Mikdent

Hi nibbler, I see that you're in Ramsgate, what dealer did you go to?

If you're not happy, take it back.

Edited by Mikdent
  • Solution
trisaki

You've got 2 8mm bolts maybe 10 mm holding the front brake unit try loosening and moving the lever etc but this is what dealer has done you might find a better setting / or do as I have and get adjustable levers /should have more of a chance to get them where you are happy with

Guest nibbler

You've got 2 8mm bolts maybe 10 mm holding the front brake unit try loosening and moving the lever etc but this is what dealer has done you might find a better setting / or do as I have and get adjustable levers /should have more of a chance to get them where you are happy with

I'll have a look tomorrow but i always thought you couldnt adjust the angle of the whole assembly as the brake fluid resevoir had to be kept level.

trisaki

Other people have the same bits fitted and haven't mentioned the problem you have so there must be some adjustment to be had / if you want you can send me some piccies and I can see if I can see what's the problem / trisaki.netley@gmail.com

At risk of stating the blindingly obvious - if the front brake lever is fouling the twist grip assembly, don't ride it!

Call the dealer and ask them to come out and either repair it at your house or take it back to the workshop and then deliver it back to you.

The machine is not roadworthy - it would fail an MOT test - so they need to sort it out.

Guest nibbler

Thanks to trisaki I have solved the problem.  When the handguards were fitted the mechanic move the brake lever assembly to make things look nice and and level.  I have now adjusted the angle of the lever downwards a little about 4mm and now it all works fine.

Guest robin

Yes you are supposed to alter the angle of the levers to suit each rider.....That means the Master cylinder tilts as well.

You are also meant to alter the foot levers to fit each rider......

Guest bonekicker

Yes they are a bit fiddly to get just right--I made a mod on mine --because the other end which is just flying and not fastened was annoying me --I drilled two small holes in plastic and put black plastic tie raps through these holes and around cables this worked. :baby: