JIS screwdrivers

Guest Carl_L

Guest Carl_L

When I were a nipper (during the war :D  ), every spotty yoof had an impact driver and/or a hammer & chisel & every back-street bike shop sold model-specific bags of allen-head screws for just about every Japanese bike on the market. If we'd known about JIS screwdrivers back then, we could've save ourselves a few quid & many a scraped knuckle.

Anyhoos, I don't really have a pressing need for them now but, the little beggars are so rarely found on sale, I jumped at the chance of ordering a set whilst they were available from a UK supplier - never know when some old dear might offer you a FS1-E for a tenner :drool:

So, a little heads-up for anyone else who may have been looking for some. I don't understand the rules about linking or not linking to sites, so I'll just suggest you Google 'JIS screwdrivers'  & look for a site that rhymes with bugg3red roads.

Derek_Mac

Try Probuilt for JIS screwdrivers.

There's another thread somewhere about them on the forum.

Edit: Cancel that, they're out of stock. :(

Edited by Derek_Mac
Guest Carl_L

Edit: Cancel that, they're out of stock. :(

Yup, as they have been at the rain-forest site &, it seems, everywhere else in the U.K. for some time.

Hence my post - get 'em while you can (if you want them, of course)

Edited by Carl_L
Derek_Mac

I got mine from the link I gave a while ago.

Edit: Here's the link that you were being cryptic about ----> JIS Screwdrivers   :)

Edited by Derek_Mac
Tonyj

Thanks for that I didn't even know this and in 52 :0(

. No wonder I manage to breakfix

Things.

• 4 months later...

Just bought a set of these. Good tools are always an investment.

MikeBike

Just bought a set of these. Good tools are always an investment.

Now look what you've done...   ;-)

**CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK - NEW STOCK ARRIVING FROM JAPAN WEEK COMMENCING 14TH SEPTEMBER 2015**

• Like 1

The electrical screwdrivers in Halfords are JIS screwdrivers, I got some a couple of years ago and work well.