Dry weather tyres

Guest DaninSpain
Go to solution Solved by Guest DaninSpain,

Guest DaninSpain

The Dunlops supplied with my new 750X are more than half way through at under 1k miles. I'm going through the claim right now, and I know I will be offered some other tyres, prob Bridgestones, but I would like to choose my own tyres even if I need to add some cash to the equation.

Does anyone have any opinion on a good, long lasting DRY weather tyre. Not bothered about wet weather as we don't get much, and when we do the roads here are like ice, so no biking for me.

Thanks 

dandemann8

Michelin PR4's no question with no payment made as many have had these put on at no extra cost.... ;)

• Like 1
Guest bonekicker

I do like The Dunlop road Smart--But for longer lasting as Mr Duncan say's many have Michelin PR4's on--I had one fitted on rear and it wore very little--But it is a hard compond --the Dunlop is softer and holds the road slightly better but will not last as long--It's up to you Dan and as you are in a warmer climate (just realized) the PR4 will be softer when warmer. :baby:

Guest Carl_L

I have only manufacturer claims & hearsay on longevity as I haven't worn mine out yet but I have Dunlop Roadsmart II on mine.

I don't think I'd fit them again on mine, being in the UK, as they have a very stiff carcass & always give that cold tyre feel in damp conditions. I do, however, think they'd be the perfect tyre for that nice warm Spanish climate - as long as you don't mind a firm ride.

I'm not sure I agree with bonekicker. Maybe the compound is softer - I don't know - but the carcass is stiff & doesn't have all those sipes. I reckon a good enthusiastic rider could wear out PR4s extremely quickly on warm roads - I'd bet ten bob & a toffee apple that the Roadsmart 11 would outlast a PR4 in the Spanish climate.

Guest Pipjam

The Dunlops supplied with my new 750X are more than half way through at under 1k miles. I'm going through the claim right now, and I know I will be offered some other tyres, prob Bridgestones, but I would like to choose my own tyres even if I need to add some cash to the equation.

Does anyone have any opinion on a good, long lasting DRY weather tyre. Not bothered about wet weather as we don't get much, and when we do the roads here are like ice, so no biking for me.

Thanks 

Edited by Pipjam
Guest Pipjam

Late last year, I had the same problem where both tyres were near the wear limits after 2800 miles. I took the bike back to the dealer and Honda upheld my enquiry and these were replaced with no charge. Brilliant! This is generally not considered as a Warranty Claim 

The replacements were Pirelli Scorpion Trail (as in accordance with the recommendations in the Owner's Manual.

I am really happy and satisfied with these tyres.

:ahappy:

Guest bonekicker

We can only say as we feel--not having a bike for so long and definitely not riding in a sunny climate for long--the more experienced riders will know and will get around to answering you when they have all stopped Bragging how many bikes they have owned--New members the forum is not usually concerned how many bikes you own--so please do not be put of having owned just one bike--be happy with just that--then turn on the tv and watch the news--how many people are starving and getting killed in this world--makes you feel lucky. :baby:

Rocker66

We can only say as we feel--not having a bike for so long and definitely not riding in a sunny climate for long--the more experienced riders will know and will get around to answering you when they have all stopped Bragging how many bikes they have owned--New members the forum is not usually concerned how many bikes you own--so please do not be put of having owned just one bike--be happy with just that--then turn on the tv and watch the news--how many people are starving and getting killed in this world--makes you feel lucky. :baby:

People were not bragging about how many bikes they ave. one member asked which bikes they have owned and others simply replied to that question. why should this be considered bragging as nobody has said anything about them being better than anyone else.. That's two posts that you have accused those who posted a list of bragging. Says more about you than them

dandemann8

People were not bragging about how many bikes they ave. one member asked which bikes they have owned and others simply replied to that question. why should this be considered bragging as nobody has said anything about them being better than anyone else.. That's two posts that you have accused those who posted a list of bragging. Says more about you than them

Whose got the bigger "handbag".......... ;)

Rev Ken

PR4s. I did nearly 4,000 miles on continent at errrr 'respectable' speeds, fully laden and on my CBF1000 with handfuls of throttle and 'exuberant' cornering (chamfered boots). Now at 5,500 miles and very little wear, I'm impressed as my PR3s were good but worn out at 7,500 miles.

• Like 1
Rocker66

Whose got the bigger "handbag".......... ;)

Now if anyone answers that they have that will certainly be bragging :)

Edited by Rocker66
Guest chicken george

10k miles on my PR4's and still got at least 2-3k left. Obviously depends how you ride and in what conditions. I too got mine replaced by Honda free of charge.

outrunner

I wish they made them in sizes to fit my wee BMW 'cos I have never had 10k miles from any tire on any bike..........ever.

Andy.

I wish they made them in sizes to fit my wee BMW 'cos I have never had 10k miles from any tire on any bike..........ever.

Andy.

Neither have I. But the Michelins do last very well. Especially considering the grip they provide.

What BMW do you have? Tyre sizes?

outrunner

What BMW do you have? Tyre sizes?

I have the oddly named F650GS which is actually an 800cc twin, later models addressed that misnomer by becoming the F700gs. whistle.gif

Tyre sizes are 110/80/19 front and 140/80/17 rear, looking on the Michelin site it seems I can front in the right size, but not a rear. Not to worry, I will stick with the Conti Trail Attacks, good tyres in the wet or dry.

Andy.

Edited by outrunner