Stock rubber on a new bike?

noj

Im going to ring Honda Preston later to ask what the stock tyres are on the bike im buying.

Reason?...........I was reading in another thread about tyres wearing out after low mileage and the shop changing them and I dont really want to go through that hassle at a later stage.

When I find out what tyres are on it, I will let you all know so those who have the 750X DCT could advise.

Cheers chaps and chappess.

Sorry guys, ignore that last request.........Ive just been reading the thread about tyres elsewhere and that just about answers any questions I might need to ask.............great forum.................oh, I cant seem to edit my fiirst post so thats why I have posted this.

Edited by noj
Guest bonekicker

John do not panic posting in the wrong bit or it as already been done--I do it all the time and I should know better at my age--but I don't.

Get your bike and when the tyres start wearing out at about 1500 to 2000 get them changed then and you gain the extra mileage--the tyres are perfectly safe--and good tyres they were made to Honda specifications--but just did not last--Preston Honda will tell you if you ask or they may have been changed already. 

nabrU

I had my bike serviced last Saturday at Norton Way Honda and there was a white NC750X prepared for customer collection. Guess what, Dunlop Trailmax D609 tyres fitted :cry:

Hubert, thanks for that, so I will still keep an eye on my new bike tyre situation... :D 

• 1 month later...

Picked up my new 750X today, asked about the tyre 'problem', was told "it's all sorted, these are the new version", well we'll see, Dunlop Trailmax D609 fitted.........

rjp996

My bike is only about 6 weeks old. Front tyre down to 2mm in 2k miles, back (the one suppose to wear faster) on 4mm. Personally I think they still have issues as my front has worn way to fast.

Guest Southerner

Picked up my new 750X today, asked about the tyre 'problem', was told "it's all sorted, these are the new version", well we'll see, Dunlop Trailmax D609 fitted.........

Really? These tyres were the problem!

Go back and question them again - let me know what they say. This sort of contempt for customers really hacks me off!  :mad:

Really? These tyres were the problem!

Go back and question them again - let me know what they say. This sort of contempt for customers really hacks me off!  :mad:

I'll be calling in sometime soon as there's a fault with the passenger seat upholstery, (amazingly it's glaringly obvious, spotted as soon as I got off at home, yet didn't see it when we did the handover :shocked: ).

The original salesman I did the deal with has rung me this a.m. to check all is well, I mentioned the seat but didn't bring the tyres up.

I'll have another go at 'em soon, however, I like the plan that BoneKicker above mentions, ride 'em for a 1000 miles before I complain.......

matt28

Good luck with your tyres, 911767.

My previous tyres - Continental CntiTrail at Transalp, after 2500 miles had a minimal signs of use, Dunlops at NC, after 2300 miles are worn to the limit, I'm scared to ride my bike when is raining. 

Can't wait until Saturday, when they will be replaced under warranty.

• Like 1
Guest BONN

That's is what Honda told me as well, they said it was confusing (to the customer) as they had replaced all the badly wearing Trailmax, with new Trailmax which did not have the same problems, as the previous tyres, my opinion a lie to try and fob people off, as mine needed replacing after 900 miles. Also don't let Honda dictate the tyre replacement choice to you, they tried that with me, I kept at it and they agreed to replace mine with Michelin Pilot Road 4, at no expense to myself.

All the best!