Harsh bumpy ride after taking pillion

rjp996

rjp996

Well I took the wife out on my bike at the weekend to go pick her car up from the garage. All went well nice smooth ride. Now my wife is prob 9.5 stone and me just under 13 stone, so the bike was a little heavier than normal.

However when she got off and I ride back home alone the ride had been transformed from a nice smooth and compliant suspension over the bumps to a jolty harsh ride :-(. Rode 110 miles today to work and unless the road was smooth the ride was harsh and at high speed did not feel well planted.

I've bounced the forks and bounced up and down on the seat and there is movement and no bouncing rebound so the shocks seem ok.... But I did notice that if I bought bounce a little in the seat you can feel what feels like the rear shock bottoming out.

Really disopointed with te ride now as it always felt so well planted and soaked up the bumps and suddenly I have a harsh ride. Any ideas... I could book the bike in but my dealer in Crawley judging from my interaction during the first service I get the feeling they will just say 'they all do that mate..."

Rocker66

If your not happy with the response you get from your dealer why not see what another one has to say

Guest bonekicker

Richard several members have had or changed the rear shock absorbers --with great effect to a different brand--but do ask your dealer first for a cheaper solution  :thumbsup:

Please let us know the results.

bazza

If under warranty demand a replacement shock- if its f*ckd. If out of warranty i have a 5k old one off my 750XA DCT going for a song

At 18 stone my bike was very under damped -forks bottomed out easily.If you jack up the rear pre-load it just moves the problem to the front!

Bazza

robbie_b

It sounds as if the rear shock or its mounting has a problem,

I guess the bike is relatively low mileage ?

Keep us informed as to your progress with the dealer(s)