750X DCT clutches replacement cost

Paul2129

Paul2129

Nailing it from the lights, can you detect a bit of clutch slippage ? I'm sure it's normal, but how much is a pair of clutches ? And does anyone know the likely cost ? They must wear out with hard use ?

Derek_Mac

Best I can find out is that Honda reckon 1.6 hours to replace both clutch assemblies, I can't find a price online for the clutch assemblies though.

clutch_XD.png

• Like 1

So that £1200 for the both of them. I'd say that's beyond economical repair. Seems like the DCT is looking to be a bit expensive to maintain in the long term.

Edited by djsb
Guest BertTrack

When quick off the mark it will slip more. To keep revs higher as apparently you want to move quickly. At least that's how i experience it. It's normal and loads the clutch to be sure. But it's your right hand asking for it. I think. (I do it too at times)

I'm glad I opted for the manual.

• Like 1

So, roughly 10% of the cost of a brand new bike.  One wonders what it would cost to build a new bike from spare parts.  Has anyone had a stab at working it out?  Must be somewhere north of £30,000.

• Like 1
kharli

So, roughly 10% of the cost of a brand new bike.  One wonders what it would cost to build a new bike from spare parts.  Has anyone had a stab at working it out?  Must be somewhere north of £30,000.

I think the cush rubbers I had to buy at 55 quid inc postage is even worse value..i am packing with old inner tube rubber next time ..I hope there are copy makers for it soon.  Its tyre/chain  costs getting me down atm , The  suspension is expensive for what it is too.