rust on the frame

Mike5100

Mike5100

I am generally impressed at the NC750X's ability to withstand the rigours of two British winters, but I noticed yesterday that the two chunky tubular frames that come down near the radiatior and bolt to the engine, have two kinds of rust on them.  Firstly there is a weld for the engine mount plate and this has gone quite noticeable red, but more worryingly faint red spots (not immediately obvious) are visible in the sparkly graphite paint of the tubes.  On reflection I should have paid more attention to this area with my ACF50 brush as it's where the salt spray is directed by the airflow.

I'm going to keep slapping on acf50, but it needs something more as the abrasion from the airflow will quickly remove it.  Any suggestions?

Mike

kharli

I spot everything I see going rusty with chain oil when I am oiling the chain (I use gear oil). Seems to last is easy to apply and stops it spreading and cheap . My local motorbike shop couldn't agree more and thinks cleaning bikes is the worst thing for them.  . Also its not to hard to remove if you really want to paint it later

I spray FS365 everywhere (including the fork stanchions). Seems to have done quite a good job so far although I've not looked at the more concealed parts. I've started putting grease on the swinging arm until I can touch up 1 or 2 paint chips.