Handlebar adjustment on 750 integra

The Northman

The Northman

I would like to rotate my handlebars forwards by an inch or so to give a bit extra reach, but the problem I have is I don't know how to remove the shiny middle cover to access the bolts. I don't want to break it so can anyone shed any light on its removal?

I asked at the dealership but the service manager refused to tell me. 'Best left where they are' he said :(

Tex

I suspect (but don't actually know for certain) that if you rotate the bars you'll need to dispense with the shrouding altogether. You can be the guinea pig and let us know.

I'm 6'4" with long arms and legs and I don't feel at all cramped on the Integra. Can you not slide back on the seat a bit?

• Like 1
Guest bonekicker

Suggestion only--if you stand with your arms by your side--and get someone to packaging tape around your all body just above elbow's --tape several times--then your arms will be shorter --Right?--Right-But just thinking again--could they may'be too short?? --Mm??-- Please just try it and let us all know--and as I firstly said it is a suggestion only  :baby:  :ermm:

I have told you all before about allowing these tall people onto the forum--and did you F******* listen--NO --so we have to get rid of them --one way or the other--it may seem a little cruel--but if that's what it takes--donation's of packaging tape would be most welcome. :devil:  

And more suggestion's of different way's--but don't let them know we are trying to get rid--because they will just hide  :blink:

Edited by bonekicker
scoot_to_boot

Just pry it off. Best take a plastic something with a thin wedgy end. If you have strong fingernails, you can simply pull it up with you hands. 

Edited by scoot_to_boot
  • Like 1
Guest Hati

From the manual: the shiny bit pops off, the 3 screws (one under shiny bit, two under the entire cover) and two bolts (again, under the shiny cover) hold the two halves together. With all of them out, you can release the tabs to separate the two sections. It's the same for both Integra versions.

The Northman

Excellent feedback, Cheers, chaps !

I used a bit of thickish card pushed under the front (closest to rider) of the shiny bit then pulled gently up. The cover popped off. It is held on by 4 push fit sprung protrusions.

Take out 2 crosshead screws under main cover, 1 crosshead screw on top of main cover, 2 allen bolts on top, top main cover comes off. 2 more allen bolts then bottom main cover comes off. Remove  the 2 bolts then take off steel bracket and there are the handlebar clamp bolts :)

I've now rotated the bars forward about 2 1/2  -  3 inches, I had to reposition mirrors but nothing fouls. Switchgear is easier used now. I've left the cover off until road tested but initial sit on feels SO much better :)

I don't know if the covers WILL go back on now but if they don't, then that's fine. I'll have two holes available in which to mount an I-pad bracket so I can watch Coronation Street on long journeys.........

• Like 2
The Northman

Bonekicker,

Thanks for that, I got my partner to do the taping of the arms thing. She suggested that if my legs were taped also, just above the knee, that it would stop my legs splaying out of the legshields and into the wind, so she did it.

Then she stole my wallet and ran away...............

The Northman

UPDATE

Hi again all,

I've been out for a test ride with the new handlebar angle.  For me, it has made an improvement on the riding position, I feel a bit more stretched out so that is good. I did 50 miles then returned home, refitted the covers ( went back on easily, no hassle ) and went out for another 30 miles to ensure that the controls had not been compromised, especially the throttle cables. Pleased to report no problems at all. :)

Thank you all for your input and help.

I hope this helps others to do the same if they require it :)

Cheers,

Norman :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Edinchiangmai

Thanks. Anyway to include some pics?

I have been reluctant to pull up on the center piece too strongly - I have given it some gentle tugs but it did not come off.

I want to move my bars BACK towards me. I am a shorter riders. 

Anyone try any kind of risers or bar backs?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Edinchiangmai said:

I have been reluctant to pull up on the center piece too strongly - I have given it some gentle tugs but it did not come off.

Use a guitar pick or similar to get a corner lifted that you can grab and pull straight up. The tabs can be stuck if they were never handled. Increase you lifting force gradually. The plastics are quite flexible, unlikely you would break them.

embee

There are 4 plastic spring clips holding the shiny black cover in place. These engage more or less vertically. As Hati mentioned, use a thin item (plastic card or kitchen knife or similar) to ease one corner upwards then get your fingers in. It does feel like you're going to break something but so far I haven't. When refitting I added some silicone grease to the clips to ease the sliding.

Just a note regarding a comment made earlier (remembering this is a historic thread), the Integra plastic shrouding is attached to a bracket welded to the bars not on the top yoke, so you can rotate the bars in the clamps the same as the other models and the shroud moves with them.

IMG_1294Small_zpse2aa49d7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Edinchiangmai

Thanks to everyone for the replies. EASY! Like most things when you have done them once.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I am a shorter riders at 170cm. I plan to install SW MOTECH barbacks to my bike.

When measuring shoulder to end of handlebar on my most comfortable bike I have a reach of 53cm. The reach on my NC750Dropbox is 58cm. Think the barback will put me at about 55cm and a bit higher - should work.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 06. 05. 2017. at 05:49, Edinchiangmai said:

Thanks to everyone for the replies. EASY! Like most things when you have done them once.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I am a shorter riders at 170cm. I plan to install SW MOTECH barbacks to my bike.

When measuring shoulder to end of handlebar on my most comfortable bike I have a reach of 53cm. The reach on my NC750Dropbox is 58cm. Think the barback will put me at about 55cm and a bit higher - should work.

Hi Edinchiangmai,

have you already installed SW MOTECH or some other handlebar risers? If had, how much cm did you raise and was there any problem with cables length? I am 173cm and will probably have the same issue as you.

Edited by Cvitalo
Edinchiangmai

Bit of a story here.

A friend brought over some parts from USA to Thailand but forgot my barbacks!!!!

So hoping to connect with someone else to get them here. 

Will let you know how they work for me.

This is holding up my entire riding position modification. Barbacks then seat then windshield - then riding position and comfort should be purrrrfect.

I bought this ones for my (sold) NC750X:

http://www.that auction site.com/itm/2pcs-7-8-22mm-Motorcycle-CNC-Aluminum-Handlebar-Mount-Riser-Clamp-Taper-/182225599280?hash=item2a6d7dfb30

I will try them on Integra also when I pick up the bike from the store. I'm still hoping it's gonna be today. :yes: But my main concern is about the cables length. Did  you by any chance tried to figure it out how much you can stretch this cables. They are probably fixed somewhere near the front forks.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! Tried it and raised handlebar up to 4 cm. I think it is even possible to raise it more than this but I didn't try. Electrical cables are long enough but the two brakes cables you need to pull out from the holders with your fingers. So, for the cables no need to use any tools.

My advice is to only raise the handlebar, no need to buy raisers that move the handlebar backwards. I am 173 cm tall.

Edited by Cvitalo