Odo and fuel gauge start flashing

Finlayson99

Finlayson99

Curious thing happened on my dash today. Have done just over 200 miles. It appears that when in 1st gear (manual 750X) that the odo and fuel gauge both go to zero and start to flash. When I change up a gear, they go back to where they were to start with???

Bike seems to be working ok and I am enjoying riding it but a bit confused by this.

Phoned the service desk at my dealer and the bod there sounded a bit confused.

It's due in for it's 600mile service soon and he said they would look at it then.

Anyone else come across the same issue. I know there was a recall last year for the dash but this sounds a bit different. 

Guest bonekicker

As Honda would likely say I've never heard that before and no one as reported it --no I have not heard that particular problem and yes there is a recall--just wait until your service--is the dealer getting a new clock in stock for service day? :hmm:

Mine does that when the fuel level gets low. The display will start to display the amount of reserve fuel used. I think its explained in the manual.

Finlayson99

NUMPTY ALERT.......

Went and had another look and indeed what I thought was the odo reading was actually flashing 0.0gals.

It's amazing what some fuel will do to resolve such a problem when you read the instruction book....

Doh :BangHead:  :BangHead:

Best policy, ignore me and move on to the next post please.

• Like 3
Rocker66

So Bonekicker is right Honda would say nobody has reported this :)

• Like 2
RussB644

Easy done.... :D

Finlayson99

The thing that got me was how quickly the fuel gauge changed from "you've got plenty" to "oops better fill up"

Was having a bit of a "blonde day" though to be honest in many ways today, that was the least of it,

suffolk58

That's alright Alan, I'm sure many of us can own up to similar events.

I once bought an electric lawnmower but could'nt get it to charge, so took it back and got another one. It wouldn't charge either, so I took it back and exchanged it for a third example.

This time I read the instruction book and found I'd been trying to put the charging lead into the wrong socket!

• Like 2
Tonyj

That's alright Alan, I'm sure many of us can own up to similar events.

I once bought an electric lawnmower but could'nt get it to charge, so took it back and got another one. It wouldn't charge either, so I took it back and exchanged it for a third example.

This time I read the instruction book and found I'd been trying to put the charging lead into the wrong socket!

Read the manual ? What you turning into a girl .......don't be daft :0)

• Like 3
Guest bonekicker

I see Honda's Defence Lawyer as spotted a slight swipe at my comment on Honda's Customer Care Image.!!!!  :ermm:

Read the instruction Manual---Read the Highway Code ????? Can never find the time or my glasses !! :baby:

Edited by bonekicker
bazza

whilst faffing about with another power take off I left the battery connections loose.Did the same as yours =flashing display & jerky ride and then changed to reading all in kms! tightened up the 10mm bolts-end of problem

Guest robin

Depending on lean angle, stop, start, up hill or down hill, on side stand or not, my clock will go onto reserve setting but a bit later when petrol straightens up or sloshes over the pick up, then it will go back to mileage. It keeps doing this until finally staying on reserve, or 0.0 of gallons left to empty. At 0.7 it will be empty. It counts up to 7.