Throttle assembly removal

Guest Bobzie

Guest Bobzie

I need to move my throttle assembly round the bars a bit, to move the cables a bit further away from the brake lever pivot so I can fit some hand guards. I can't figure out how it's fitted to the bar. There is a small hole underneath so I assumed there was a screw inside but I can't see it and have fiddled with a small screwdriver and Allen keys in there but can't get anything to move so I gave up before I damaged something. Anyone know how to remove the assembly please?

Guest robin

Throttle assembly is usually held on by two screws. Take these out and the covers should come off. There is a pin inside the cover that goes into the handle bar to stop it moving round the bar. Either grind the pin off and tighten the throttle enough so it won't move when you turn the twist grip. Or drill another hole where you want it.

Better still make the hand guards fit round the throttle.

Guest Bobzie

Got it thanks. It looked like the throttle assembly was separate to the right hand light switch assembly, that's what confused me but remove the light switches and the bolts for the throttle are underneath. Can't really trim the hand guards without weakening the mounting point, they are vstrom ones, need a bit of fiddling to fit but much cheaper than the Givi ones at £49.