Panels and plastics alignament

Guest Markino

Guest Markino

Hi guys,

I've removed the left side panel because I had to install the alarm and the 12V outlet... after remounting all the stuffs I've noticed that the plastics near the instrument is not really well aligned: on the left side where is the junktion there is a mm of space.... I don't remember if there was before I dismount the left panel but I'd like to know if is there any tips to align and meke all those junktions correctly fitted.

Thanks!

Guest bonekicker

Markino have you got a trapped cable? these panels are a pain both taking off and putting back--you will have to remove the panel again and double check everything  :cry:

RussB644

Hi Markino, 

If you are talking about taking the large side panel off, then in my experience with that, and I've taken it apart three or four times now, I always tighten the frunk securing bolts/screws first to make sure they fit properly around the frunk hinge area, providing I get that bit right every thing else, from the single screw adjacent to the radiator, all the way back to level with the fuel filler cap should line up properly. I'd also double check you've got the right securing screws in the right places. I've made that mistake despite being careful to recall which one goes where! :no:

Steve Blackdog

My advice is make sure you put it back in the order you took it off.  Sorry to be vague, but I had similar problems, which turned out to be me not putting it all back as it should be.  I also found I had a number of those clips missing  and two bolts I couldn't find holes for !!