Honda updating multiple models

Guest Number14

Guest Number14

I was expecting a call from my dealer today telling me my bike was in and getting a date to collect it. Got the phone call but it wasn't happy news. Apparently Honda UK are blocking the release of the majority of bike models this week because they need to do an "update". No specific details from my dealer but it effects several model ranges including the NC750 and ST1300 Pan European as well as several other numbers he rattled off that I can't remember. It seems the VFR1200 isn't affected.

Has anyone heard something similar from their dealer or know anything about what the "update" covers?

fred_jb

This is probably the starter relay issue that has been mentioned here:http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9430-2013-to-2015-nc-recall-in-us-and-jp/

Apparently there is a recall in Japan, and it is also affecting the release of new bikes.

Fred

nabrU

Poland's Hondas have recall as well.

I visited today my supplying dealer (Norton Way Honda) to ask if they are aware about situation with starter relay issue. The only thing I got as an answer was checking my bike's VIN in database and apparently my bike is not affected. :ermm:

I get the feeling that Honda and many other modes of transport are now starting to pay the price regarding the cost cutting and use of cheaper made parts from China and such.

The old saying goes, buy cheap, buy twice comes to mind.

I am not saying that our bikes are cheap type Chinese bikes, im just saying that some of the component parts will be . 

Guest bonekicker

Honda Quality control as gone down a lot--they need to get back in total control of parts manufacturing--rather that just buying cheap bulk parts. :baby:  Sorry to hear you bike as been delayed--I am sure you will get it soon--why not ring Steven Stephens ??? and what would he say???--- No bikes have been delayed--I would hazard a quick guess  :baby:  

Guest Number14

If it is the starter relay then it sounds like Honda UK will soon be in a position to send letters to all of you who already have their bikes.

It's good they are doing the work before releasing new bikes but, given the number they are holding back, it would have been nice if a little more info was available from Honda or the dealer.

kayz1

I am waiting for my new bike should have been here for me last week, my dealer rang me and told of the starter relay problem...

Here is some more info.

My dealer looked into it. Honda Oz said that it's a certain batch of starter motors that could have the issue; they (the dealers) need to check starter motor serial numbers, based on which Honda will send out a replacement part if it is on the list. Not all bikes in the range of the VINs provided are affected.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest motorboy

In the USA Honda released all info on  7/31/15  seems the replay is used on a lot of bikes imported to the USA  including my 500X the ser no. range for the 500X is for late made 2014 to most 2015 mine was early made numbers checked not in the recall

Edited by motorboy
kayz1

Must be my lucky day, dealer just rang to say my bike has arrived with them this very morning :drool:

A much happier Lyn.

• Like 2
MikeBike

Must be my lucky day, dealer just rang to say my bike has arrived with them this very morning :drool:

A much happier Lyn.

Was in there today and overheard Justin talking about it (I was asking about sub harness plugs) and he said it was now in and that the other bikes would be recalled in due course. - I mentioned I knew you from the forum...

When do you collect it?

Was in there today and overheard Justin talking about it (I was asking about sub harness plugs) and he said it was now in and that the other bikes would be recalled in due course. - I mentioned I knew you from the forum...

When do you collect it?

not had another call from Justin as yet Mike, will try and put a pic up when i get it. I hope it is this week as i have been bike-less ( sort of ) for 6 weeks now...just about to clinb the wall....

Lyn.

Mike, what plugs do you want is it the three way jobbies? i have a couple in my leccy box..

Lyn.

• Like 1