Valves

Guest Rama5

yes ,just take your time ..if they seem way out you will have them 180 deg out ..recheck align marks and start again .. in other forums it seem to be on the safe side to only revolve the engine anti  clockwise to prevent possible timing chain tensioner damage ,though that hasnt happened to me (yet)  Clean the area well beforehand and though its possible to do it with the radiator just hanging most prefer to remove it..probably the fiddliest part is removing electrical connections to do so .  Do not overtighten rocker cover ,very easy to strip the threads ,its easy to tighten them  a bit if you notice a slight oil weep after.

• Like 1

The hardest part on my Integra will be getting all the plastic off to get at the engine.. :(

embee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWUCFoz01tk

Yes, it's straightforward. Slightly annoying having to remove the rad but a lot less hassle than on many bikes. The youtube video in the link is well done, I'd recommend using a ring spanner not an open ended spanner on the locknuts, open ended spanners are a last resort generally, you will round off fasteners. Yes, take care with the cover fasteners, don't overtighten.

As mentioned above, I'd suggest only turning the engine in its normal direction just in case the tensioner might get damaged, the jury is out whether this is a real risk but it's possible. The engine turns in the same direction as the road wheels.

• Like 2
Guest bonekicker

Thanks Murray for the youtube link--a well done video lesson--and yes use a ring spanner and not a flat--and keep checking gaps with gauge as you tighten up. :thumbsup:

Edited by bonekicker
  • 6 months later...
Guest dentonlad

Hi,

As part of which service is the valve clearance checked? Is it the 8k or the 16k?

Cheers guys,

If you have a 700 it's at 8,000.

If you have a 750 it's at 16,000.

Cheers, I got a 700X and when they did it as part of the 16k service they found that 2 valves were 'tight'. Bit annoyed about it as can't help thinking that it might have been avoidable if they'd done it as part of the 8k service !!!!

Doesn't look as if any damage has occurred yet, though!