ECU reset and worse fuel consumption

nabrU

A week or so ago I did an ECU reset based on procedure described somewhere here (my DCT is a little bit jerky when on the first gear) and then filled up the tank.

Reckon what. I filled up today again and got worse fuel consumption ever :cry: 66 mpg

And bike is still jerky :hmm:

I have no idea why so low mpg as the bike was used in a normal way (commuting to work and a bit of city riding).

I think I will visit my dealer when back from my ride to Poland.

Edited by Radarman
baben

My bike was doing about 67mpg for a long while. Then I did a spell of only using it in D for dozy mode. It recently started to return 80mpg. Dropping back into sport mode it is still doing about 72mpg. So gawd knows how these things work!

• Like 1

Fuel consumption will go up since the ECU starts with fail safe rich AFR and leans out over mileage as it looks at the lambda sensor during crusising to asses rest of FI parameters and properly adjust itself over time/mileage.

nothing to worry there. As for the jerkiness, I'd suggest meeting another guy with same model to swap or riding a demo to make sure first. It could be atributed to various parameters in the FI or the DCT.

Michail am impressed at what you said - is English your first language?

no idea what you mean though - but hey any bike that does 60+ MPG  is ok - 80 is just icing on the cake!

• Like 1

I think I am a typical blerk...I never Read the distructions when I buy owt new, but I really must read about the fuel thingy wotsit......ive not a clue wot my bike returns MPG. 

Edited by noj
Guest bonekicker

John same as you over these issues--never read the instructions on anything--as for fuel economy--I just fill it up when needed or if can't afford--leave it in the garage a couple of days. :baby:

Hubert take your bike to the garage when you come back--let them sort it out--Have you tried the bike in a different mode? D for Dozy? :thumbsup:

Boney, tried in D and seems the bike is less jerky. However I hate riding in D :-(

• Like 1

Michail am impressed at what you said - is English your first language?

no idea what you mean though - but hey any bike that does 60+ MPG  is ok - 80 is just icing on the cake!

:turned:  oups - I hope I have not made up a greeklish mess over there...

I am feeling like saying :spam1: after every third word :ike: and for whatever god's sake, I really do not want to lecture you guys :lecture:  but it looks like you older generations have little understanding of how all this EFI stuff works while you had no problem tuning the carburetors of the bikes you ripped arround in your younger years. While a carburetor looks simpler, in reality it is not much less complicated than EFI if we put down all parameters, smog regulations aside.  For more semi-educated greeklish have a look here.

Boney, tried in D and seems the bike is less jerky. However I hate riding in D :-(

That's D for docile - S is for "sprightly"

I tried D but the engine gets really bored and its a toss up whether it, or the rider hates it most

:turned:  oups - I hope I have not made up a greeklish mess over there...

I am feeling like saying :spam1: after every third word :ike: and for whatever god's sake, I really do not want to lecture you guys :lecture:  but it looks like you older generations have little understanding of how all this EFI stuff works while you had no problem tuning the carburetors of the bikes you ripped arround in your younger years. While a carburetor looks simpler, in reality it is not much less complicated than EFI if we put down all parameters, smog regulations aside.  For more semi-educated greeklish have a look here.

Yes as I thought - you are writing in Greek!