Part Numbers

ted

Just a few part numbers to be going on with.

Kindly supplied by one of our members.

NC700X

NGK IFR6G-11K Spark plugs - Honda's price £14.94+ VAT each

15410-MFJ-D01 Oil Filter - £9.58 + VAT

94109-12000 Sump Washer - £0.45 +

17210-MGS-D30 Air Filter - £29.15 +

15412-MGS-D21 R/H cover oil filter (DCT model only) £6.50 +

53175-ML5-006 Front brake lever £11.39 +

53178-KV0-000 Clutch lever £10.86 +

• Like 1
Guest Patrick

Price of filters is a right rip off, I fit loads of commercial filters and hardly ever pay more than a fiver for them, fuel filters £2.20 for the common CAV type. Problem is the motor factors don't do bike bits, you cant cross reference the part numbers like you can for cars, its a pure numbers game, if there were thousands on the road they would but there ain't, so they don't :-)

So we have to pay £10 for something that probably costs 30p to make, oh well......

Oh and don't forget Honda or Ford or any of the others, don't make filters, along with tyres, bulbs, batterys, oil, spark plugs, cheese sarnies!

I suppose if they made lager it would probably be ok stuff :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick

Update.. just bought oil and filter for first service;

Oil filter part number is 15410 MCJ 505 and not as above, I think it's been superseeded? hate to differ but have a receipt, and it's £5.74 - half price if bought with oil from my local Honda dealer.

Which at £33 for 4 litres is a rip off, halfords sell same stuff for £30 and halfords aint cheap

Castrol Power1 4T 10w-30 part synthetic, 'part synthetic' means there can be between alot and less than 1% synthetic in it.. mmmm, no guess's there then

Condescendingly Castrol write on the tin;

"is designed specifically for bikers who love the exhilaration of riding" what a load of bollocks

So, cost of first service going to be £39.28 (this assumes i don't go mess things up like smash the headlight while trying to do something....) this includes a nice shiny sump washer - never bought one of these before, my old car did 140K miles on the same sump washer and never leaked, yes, i did change the oil every year !

Cynical, me? nah, never

ted

Cheers for the amendment on the filter.

I always use a copper washer on my sump plugs. They never really age and if they harden, you can always anneal them by heating them until cherry red and then dunking them into cold water.

I'm a big fan of Comma oils, their Euro-lite 10w-40 would be my choice in an NC700. They don't put any dubious friction modifiers into most of their oils and so are wet clutch safe, reasonable price too.

Guest Bob bike

The 15410 mcj 505. Is a standard Honda oil filter, fits most Honda's STX1300 CBR's ect. Been using it for years. Which is handy as I've got loads in stock. The castrol oil I buy in bulk costs about £18 for 4 litres. So if your in the Lancashire/Manchester area you can have some of mine if you like at cost. Let me know cheers.

Got the oil and oil filters just need a bike :-(

Guest Patrick

Ted, soz for delay in repyling, you defo old school re anealing copper washers lol

I have tried this but didn't really know what I was doing, used oxy actelean? burning gear! probably did it too hot? I didnt dunk it after - didn't know about that bit, it did revert to size though, but at the time I wasn't confident to use it, I'm mostly all self taught and often wish i had had someone to show me the way, it's a painfull slow process teaching yourself mechanics...

ted

It's the true way to learn tho!

Just the flame of a blow lamp is sufficient, I usualy hang 'em off a bit of welding wire or summat.

Guest pj1blue

15410-MCJ-505 Oil filters fit, but Honda state (see link here) 15410-MFJ-D01 on pretty much every model since 2006 including the NC. Yamaha have a good 4 different filters for their inline models from 2000 on, when I queried the difference, all they said is yes they will fit but the flow rate and the pressure relief valve is different.

• 1 year later...
Steve Blackdog

In case anyone is confused on the part number for footpegs, the OEM r/h peg is 50635-MGS-305.  However, the part is identical to part/no 50635-MBW-000.