all water oil and fluids levels  OK

chain OK 

I think there is a pipe to drain but could not find it

cost  £30-60 

have i missed some thing ??????

fred_jb

Air filter?

Hi Keith,

I was checking my service book the other day to see what I get for my money with the 12 month/8000 mile service and was surprised to find that the air filter is not replaced until 16000 miles.   That means that apart from many checks/inspections the only actual replacements are oil and oil filters.  That is for a 750X, so maybe the 700 is different?

Fred

Edited by fred_jb
Guest dentonlad

Hi Keith,

I was checking my service book the other day to see what I get for my money with the 12 month/8000 mile service and was surprised to find that the air filter is not replaced until 16000 miles.   That means that apart from many checks/inspections the only actual replacements are oil and oil filters.  That is for a 750X, so maybe the 700 is different?

Fred

Hello Fred,

Just checked my book. Air filter on the 700 is 16K too. I've got a K&N so they just cleaned and re-oiled it. That was on the 2nd annual service at about 10 thousand and odd miles earlier this year.

The air filter will be under the tank box   i will do it in the spring. as its a foam one ???   thats Y its not in the e-bay kit.   Looks like a good job  done.

Thanks all set for scotland on Wednesday but its only a short one  920 miles only give a wave if you see me .

John D    

Guest dentonlad

And how much were those services  Dentonlad?

Hi Robin,

Services so far - The 600 mile (at 906) was £106.49 One hour labour @ £48 per hour booked down.

The first annual service at 7260 when I had the valve check done was £203.03. Three hours labour booked down again at £48 per hour - one inlet valve adjusted. 

The second annual service at 10809 was £161.52. Two hours labour booked down but now at £54 per hour

Keith