Integra panel removal - caution

scoot_to_boot

scoot_to_boot

Ok, I am extra stupid. But it is beyond me how you can get the left hand panel off with the instructions from the manual, and not break off a tab.

My tip: be extra careful along the top edge of the panel. Whereas the clamps mostly just come out sideways, the top little tab needs to be lifted upwards, and the one just above the position lights comes out in direction of travel.

post-3096-0-13641300-1441535844_thumb.jpg

Edited by scoot_to_boot
  • Like 2

A couple of tabs came off on mine but they sit in place with no problem. I am at a loss to see how you can possibly get the left off without breaking one clip or the other. Most frustrating thing was that I didn't need the left one off in any event.

I shall look forward to taking my panels off at some time then..

scoot_to_boot

Taken a few pix and will post my comments in the next days. I have just hit a wrong button and all my annotations were gone, so not tonight. Hati: Thx, took your cue and epoxied it on  ...

Edited by scoot_to_boot

Welcome. Just make sure you let it dry properly (when I did mine was a bit cold down here so the 30 minute epoxy took its time to harden up) and that the mating surfaces are not compromised by the glue. I had the panel propped up to keep the epoxy from flowing.

Huskyteer

I managed to break enough tabs for my panel to fly off on the motorway :whistle: I treated the replacement a little more gently and it's survived so far.

• 5 months later...
Guest davewash

I managed to break the same tab as scoot_to_boot when removing the left hand cowl, repaired it and then broke it again when refitting. Is there a trick to refitting this cowl because I can't for the life of me see how to do it without breaking this tab.

Interestingly my left one fits fine, I've buggered up the right one. You need to push in and slide the front, then position the back part. The trick is not to force it, try until you get it right. I've played with it a few times to have that tab get into place properly.