600 mile service

Guest BG5067

Hey Guyyys

Just reached 500 miles on XD. Unfortunately I've to pay an urgent bill which has meant I can't put my bike into her 1st service until the 29th. By that time I'll probably be near the 1000 mile mark or a tad over.

I was worried it might affect the warrenty. I phoned Dobles and they said it shouldn't be a problem. Obviously it's "not recommended" but was wondering if when you all had your 1st service done and did you claim on the warrenty afterwards without a problem??

I had mine done at 700 + miles, the wife had hers done at 800 I think....................try not to go over the 1000 mark if you can.  claiming on warranty, I cant answer that im afraid........ 

Guest bonekicker

Look Chuck--we all know the first service is a farce at such a low mileage--But you have to get it done--in a ideal world we can get it into garage --just as the speedo clicks over onto correct mileage--and have the extra money to throw away--But we arent and have not--the dealers cant wait to get your--F******* hard earned money off you--and smile at the same time. :devil: 

Did you ask for Friends and Family Price ??? :baby:  

My first "service" was at about 1800 !. It's only an oil change .filter and check over anyway - my dealer does it at a discount which is a nice touch- but they are excellent -if near North Wales they are Colwyn Bay MCs

Lol I don't like borrowing money. If I can wait then id rather do that. I should be on 1000 miles by then.

I've phoned Honda direct and they said the same. It's not advised but 1000 miles should be fine but check with your dealer

Dont worry about it mine was over 1000 when I had it done. I like you couldn't get it done earlier and when I spoke to the dealer they were not concerned at all.

Dont worry about it mine was over 1000 when I had it done. I like you couldn't get it done earlier and when I spoke to the dealer they were not concerned at all.

thanks for that, Doble's wasn't overly concerned either, they said ideally get it in before 1000 miles but didn't seem to concerned

sleepyguitarman

Mine was 1200 with Dobles with no problems at all.