Excellent service

scara

I'm not sure if this is in the right section really but  it involves a service I will assume so.

12 month/8000 mile service completed today cost  £102.

My post is mainly for the interest of people in the North Wales area,  if you are looking for a competitive service price.

Service was done at A&D Motorcycles in Denbigh, a big thumbs up for them. I wont hesitate to use them again.  :niceone:  :niceone:  :niceone:

As I posted before they are a Suzuki main dealership but I have no issues with this, it is just a shame my local Honda dealerships prices for servicing are miles away from acceptable, shame really as I do like them as a dealership.

I had a loan bike a 1200 Moto Guzzi sport, I will do a write up on that later.

• Like 1
Black Marauder

My supplying Honda dealer this morning did the same 12month/8000 mile service for £167 also doing a starter solenoid recall/mod,so I would say you did indeed do well on the cost for the same service ! The weather was "kind" to us & it would have been a good day for ride to "sunny" Wales !

Good price for the 8000miles service, I thought I was doing good getting the first 600mile service for £110 from Suttons Tamworth.

I always think that all Vehicle manufacturers are conning the public when they state the sevice is required 12 months or 8000miles, because I do not use my bike over winter ie off the road for 4 months so there for would only be doing 3000 miles a year so why would I need a oil change after 3000miles as it will take me 2 1/2 years to reach 8000miles. It was in the past that services was carried out on your vehicle after your reached a set amount of miles and not a time period.

• Like 1
Black Marauder

Just to quote my dealer... the next service 2year/16000 miles inc valve clearance check/adjust [at to days pricing] £250..... I purchased a new SKODA in April & a service "package" 3 years for £99 plus 0% finance plus road tax £20....some people say biking .is done on the cheap !!!

Rocker66

The days of bikes being cheaper than cars ended with the introduction of the mini (car not skirt) which was the start of cheap motoring. This led to bikes mainly becoming leisure items rather than a means of transport

Newoldbiker

You guys!!  £363 was my quote down here in the Millionaire South for my 16K service.  Another £130 for brake pads and fitting.  It's a good job Money Trees grow really well down here and all we have to do it go into the garden and pluck £20 notes off to give to our motorcycle dealers.  My Audi A3 is cheaper than my bike to service - go figure!

• Like 1

Not so sure cars are cheaper . my vw t5 has had a abs module fail and obviously they only come as complete unit £1872.00 ta very much . 1xdiddy pump :0(( and I was about to sell it it so had to get it fixed . Never mind no one died